[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get over my ego?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: jim_jones_201.jpg (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jim_jones_201.jpg
35KB, 800x600px
I just caught myself admiring my name in a groupchat message. I think I have a subtle narcissism, and not just for that reason.

A friend group that I'm in was almost a cult for a while. Ridiculous stuff, we'd all be so happy, constant drug and alcohol use, and copious amounts of praise flowed my way. Too much. I'm a fairly charismatic guy, and I do try to encourage people a lot, and I suppose it just led to that. I became like weirdly addicted to that recognition. I knew it was going to my head, but I liked it too much. So I'd associate with these people every single day for months. In the beginning it was all ecstasy and positivity, but resentment grew and the shine of a new friend group wore off. People left one by one, I wanted more and more when I had already gotten constant ubiquitous appreciation. I even got a little paranoid. There was a guy who was trying to compete with me for my "spot", but not overtly. We were best friends and quite similar, so he was kind of jealous. Eventually I tried to flex my power and trash his reputation to everyone, and it worked, but mostly just by fragmenting what was left of the group aside from a few of us. We've since made up, gotten better, and people are now friendly again, but it was a weird ride. Definitely a dark and trying time. Interesting though.

I also had this girlfriend who I broke up with become obsessed with me to the point of restraining order.

And these experiences, all they do is feed my ego. I just can't get over how cool I think I am anymore. I really want someone to call me out in real life. To point out how much of an egocentric person I became. Because I can't do it myself.

How do I move past this? I suppose being aware of it is a good step, but I don't want to be this self-obsessed. I want to look outwards. I want to get out of my head and be humbled.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.