[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movie Date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 228.jpg (199KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
228.jpg
199KB, 640x960px
So QT and I are going to see a movie this weekend. Is it OK if I, the guy, pay for the tickets and she pays for any snacks we might want? I'm not especially wealthy so I don't think that's unreasonable.
>>
Mf gf and I still split everything down the middle. If youre wanting something serious then you need to know she'll be a team player. If youre just looking to get laid then skimping out on the basics is just asking to a one way ticket to Master Bate's Manor. Even then so, shouldnt be takin some girl youre tryin to get laid with to the movies, not impressive
>>
>>18536413
Rule of thumb - if you invited her out on a date it is assumed that you are paying, just pay this time. BEFORE you ask her out for a second date. You need to have a conversation about who pays for what. If she likes you she'll be cool. If not you saved yourself money.
>>
>>18536413
just bring some homemade crab legs and you'll be all set
>>
>>18536413
I always split the bill
first date any date, always split
unless its liker her birthday and its my treat
>>
youre setting the tone for how the rest of the relationship is going to go on the first date.

Reflect on the following:
what are you communicating to her by paying for everything?
what do you think *she* would prefer?

every date I ever have gone on, we have split it. most reasonable women would be okay with that. especially if you're both employed.

alternatively you can try more risky maneuvers, ill pay for this date, you pay for the next (which hasn't worked for me)
or "i'll buy this round, you buy the next, and we'll alternate." or "i buy the meal, you can pay for dessert or ice cream afterwords"
>>
>>18536637
>>18536676
Not OP but how do you go about communicating this to a woman that you hardly know for a first date. Is a better idea to just not go to a place that requires paying? Serious questions

t. autist
>>
You pay for everything unless she offers. It's not unreasonable to want her to pay part of the date, but you're the one who asked her out to a movie. She might not even have wanted to go out and spend money on a movie in the first place.
>>
It really depends on the girl. My fiancee is from a former old-world colony and has traditional parents, so when we were first going out she wasn't completely sure if I was into her because she would be paying for things sometimes (and in her mind, dates = guy pays). She kept it to herself at the time.

I suspect that she still kind of feels that way, but in a sense I don't really blame her. "Taking someone out" has the connotation of doing something nice for someone - whether it be your parents, your friends, your sister, your girlfriend - and how nice is it actually when at the end it's like "OK you pay your half and I pay mine"?

At the same time, though, now that we're getting married we've discussed how the whole idea is that we're essentially a single financial unit and she's come to realize that any money going out of my pocket is actually money leaving her purse (and vice versa, of course). Plus, yeah, we're both working adults too. So she does pay for dinner and get things for me more often these days, but she's even stingier than I am and makes a bit less so I don't sweat paying for stuff more often than she does. We definitely split the big expenses - like plane tickets or big dinners for our folks.

Long story short, I kinda feel like you should pay if you're the one pursuing her and you're the one who asked her out. I mean, you're trying to woo her here, it's not exactly very romantic if you turn into a total hardass about paying separately at the end of a meal. Hell you can see if she eventually offers to pay after a date (or three) and if she seems content to just be pampered all the time then you can make your judgments about whether that's the kind of thing you want from that, too.

Of course if she wants to pay or split then don't try to force it, either.
>>
if you're the one who asked her out, you pay. if you want to split expenses down the middle or alternate who pays in the future, talk about it after the date
>>
I find that most girls these days are more than willing to split a date. If this time you offered to take her out, or worded it in a way to imply that this was your treat ie. that you'd be 'taking her out', then I'd go ahead and eat it this one date.

Probably though she's wondering whether you are going to pay or if she should pay her half. Just be honest and be all 'this ones on me don't worry.' If she counter offers to get the snacks then take her up on it. Mostly it makes them feel a bit better, like, they don't owe you or anything. Some girls get a little weird about getting things paid for as though they owe you something for it.
People are right that this will set the tone for future dates, and further in a relationship. If she's cool with paying her way that's awesome. If you find that she legitimately pays you back in the form of another day (her treat) then holy shoot good for you.
>>
>>18536413
wtf? You asked for the date so you pay for everything. If she happens to offer you can always accept or she may ask you next time and want to pay.
>>
>>18536413
Haven't ever paid for my girl. She pays for herself like big girl she is. I pay my half she pays hers, sometimes I pay more but she sneaks the money in my pocket somehow anyway.
Yes we are in relationship
Yes over a year now
No she's not rich
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.