[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got Fired = Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: fired.jpg (23KB, 429x279px) Image search: [Google]
fired.jpg
23KB, 429x279px
>19 years old, overachiever
>got a free comp. sci. course after passing a government program involving a 180 questions test all areas of knowledge seen in school
>first job - internship in software company inside university
>startup
>have difficulties (acceptable if I may add), but I get the ropes
>me and another intern
>also has difficulties but my employers (company of 4 business associates) seem to like him way more than me and sometimes treat me like ass
>I go out of my way to be humble and likeable. I even avoid contesting my boss even when I KNOW he's wrong. Sometimes he points out ridiculous things in my work, realizes they're not my fault and apologizes

>fast forward 3 months (6 months contract)
>I have even solved things they couldn't (2 experienced programmers) - one was a shitty problem with the timezone in an advanced search system and the other was with model definitions in the API
>the 4 guys have gone on a trip to another state to get a business award
>they stay there for 3 straight weeks. Since I'm the first to get to the company everyday I get to open it, open the windows and all that
>my intern colleague begins to act really gay towards me. I realize he IS gay/bi whatever, but ignore it and act like he's joking
>sometimes I request assistance from these guys over Slack and they answer after 4 hours (design choices, system definitions, etc.), for the how-tos I basically use Google and StackOverflow
>when I basically finish a task and report to them they tell me to change a lot of things and I take even longer
>my production drops. Sometimes I even catch myself browsing the web randomly as I wait for an answer
>>
OP here. Cont.:

>one day I get to the company and one of the guys is back
>asks me to sit down, tells me in a slow and low voice (he usually speaks very loudly) that I have been dismissed from the company since they'll be travelling a lot, won't be able to teach me properly since no one's going to be around, etc.
>okay. Gives me some papers, guides me to the door, tells me to come back to sign an university recision document and wishes me good luck on my professional career

>few weeks later
>go back to the company to sign shit
>enter the office: the other intern is still there and gives me a weird grin. There's an older guy sitting in my desk - they all came back from their trip
>greet everyone normally
>my ex boss spergs out trying to sign the papers, signs on the wrong field
>have to wait for him to print another one and sign it
>tells me he doesn't have his stamp around, so once he gets it back he'll stamp the papers and deliver them to the university for me
>takes me to the door, I say bye to everyone and go home

Now, I'm not worried about money since I basically spent all I earned with my dinner and transport from and to work. What bothers me is that my family was really proud of me for getting a job (they thought it was the best thing in the world) and now I have been kicked out and replaced in less than a month.

Maybe I just suck and should go full NEET.
>>
Sounds like you unfortunately ran into a joke outfit, and honestly, it's probably for the better that you were dismissed. Find another company with more earnest and likeable people that aren't treating their work like a secret club. You also shouldn't be ashamed about telling your family that it didn't work out, because it sounds as though it was more their problem than yours.
>>
>>18536079
Okay, I don't mean to be a dick here, but it's really unlikely that only several months into your first programming job you'll know what you're doing, especially more so than someone who has been doing it for many years, even if they're genuinely retarded.

>when I basically finish a task and report to them they tell me to change a lot of things and I take even longer
Changes like what? Asking someone to make changes is pretty reasonable and to be expected, especially if they're just starting out.

Also, what were you working on? I'm gonna guess some web java/c# from what you've said so far.
>>
>>18536115
Thanks. That's what my parents said too.

>>18536189
Javascript front-end and back-end along with HTML5.

I don't think I know more than them. Of course I don't. But on some specific cases I was tasked with solving things they mentioned they didn't manage to. Also on some specific cases I got to a dead end in what I was doing and after they "hijacked" my computer to try and unstuck me they gave up and told me to move on.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.