[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

next purchase? business or health?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

IMAC OR ROGUE GYM?

hey ADV.

I've been saving for my next big purchase. I'm a pro photographer; using an macbook pro for all my work. the 15" screen is taxing on my eyes after a while.

I'm looking at the new 27' @ $2299

ALSO,

I workout every day and can afford a rogue power rack for my garage.

I've been using one of those doorway pullup bars and it sucks. I'm too tall for it. Also, I plan to have it for bench press, squats and olympic rings.

Major fitness upgrade. @ $2100

They can both be a write off as I also model part time & it's normal to write off gym memberships etc.

WHAT DO?
>>
Which one will benefit your income?
>>
>>18535920
>>18535920
>>18535920
eh, probably the imac.

unless i start a youtube fitness channel, which I've really been thinking of. With all my lights and equipment, I could do it good
>>
>>18535976
Buy the computer, make more money, buy the gym equipment.

It's not rocket science, bro.
>>
>>18535984

so if I advertise that im editing on a imac instead of macbook pro...i'll get more customers than normal. and with their money i can buy bro stuff?

i'm all for suggestions but where's the logic in your post?
>>
>>18535996

>i'm all for suggestions but where's the logic in your post?

lol really dude? You just said the imac would benefit your incom.e..
You spend money to make money, that is how it works.

So which is it gonna be? Does it help you make more money or not? If it does, buy it. If it doesn't wait until its not a 'big' purchase.

Whether the imac will bring in more money for you, that is something you need to figure out.. nobody can come up with the answer for that for you.
>>
File: e45.png (438KB, 720x528px)
e45.png
438KB, 720x528px
im either crazy or you're a troll

i said probably imac, UNLESS blah. if only you had learned how to read?

at this point it's a luxury buy

they're both write offs.

owning a bigger screen computer won't earn me more money but it will make my job more luxurious

as having a power rack will make my daily workouts more luxurious...

you mongoloid
>>
RWANDA
>>
Get an external monitor for a few hundred (plus however much the Apple tax is for the required dongle), save the rest to buy a PC with the same specs for half the price that's upgradable when your laptop isn't working anymore.
>>
Whatever you do don't buy that overpriced power rack. Get a BD-7 from Valor Fitness. It's $431 at Amazon right now. Then go to Academy and buy an adjustable bench with leg extension/curl capability for like $60-80 and while you're there get a CAP Olympic Barbell weight set (300 lb including the bar) for $180. That's roughly less than $700. Buy some accessories like the Dip attachments from Valor Fitness, some attachments for your lat pull to do pulldowns or cable flyes. Then buy the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells, the Selectch for $250-300 because dumbbells are great sometimes for specific movements plus you get more variety. And you just spent around $1,000 on a decent home gym.

I have all of these things and they are pretty good quality. I haven't had any issues with any of this equipment in about 2 years now. After a year or even less you'll probably need more plates though.
>>
>>18536459
He wants to buy a second Mac when his first does everything he needs and is still probably overkill. He clearly has no interest in saving money.
>>
Get a PC for your photo work bro. My guess is that you use all the Adobes for your photo work yes? PCs are cheaper, CC runs on it and you won't hit the inevitable brick wall of 'oh I can't update my macOS anymore because then an app stops working' issue. Plus you will have extra money to also buy the fitness upgrade.
>>
>>18536459
thanks sir, I'm actually looking at the one that mounts to the wall. It's about $650. I'm a tall guy and it's about 108" off the ground. I will definitely check out your suggestions.

I planned on getting from rogue: wall rack, spotter arms, adjustable bench, weight tree, echo bar, dog bone & olympic rings + I found a bunch of olympic weights on craigslist for dirt cheap. The rogue benches are supposed to be extremely sturdy/durable. I'm looking at the adjustable. there's also one that looks like you could do decline bench with but its $900 freaking dollars.

Dip attachment is a stellar suggestion as well as cable flys. I will look at those as well.

Of course when it comes to gyms there's a metric shit load of stuff I want...

I've got a good set of dumb bells, thanks for the tips mate

>>18536505
im 31 now and have just started wearing glasses. 27" is like an eyegasm when you're used to 15. I zoom in and look at fine details all day. + research, email, get trolled on 4chan, etc.

>>18536438
Initially I did that with a dell ultrasharp 2k 25". Had a mini dp port and everything. Problem was; no matter how I calibrated it everything was too yellow. I'm obsessed with a good white balance. My mac screen is the truest to iphone. Which is what most everyone viewing my work uses. Makes sense to cater to them.

Good suggestion though. I'm just using that monitor on my old ass gaming pc. playing starcraft :\ kind of a waste of money but you learn.

>>18536505
I believe in buying the right tool for the job. anything less is foolish.

>>18536552
I do use cc, that path leads me back to the headache of color calibration + desu I really prefer working on a mac. It's what we used in college and I'm lightning fast on one.

I had started my career working on a PC and had a 42" lcd tv mounted as my monitor.

Something about these mac screens that just show the proper details. Thanks again for that suggestion though; for most it makes sense. Cheers
>>
>>18535910
>27'
>27 feet
That's a big ass monitor
>>
>>18536610
lol nice catch
>>
I bought 370 pounds of bumper plates from Vulcan Strength. I bought a squat stand which I regret.

I think you should just build your own jerk racks or just find something really strong like two shelves/tables/object that can hold the weight you need them too. I don't think a power rack is worth the money and the space same with a squat stand.
>>
Don't cheap out on a barbell because it might cost you more in the long run. I used this guide but don't follow the guide completely though because the guy DOES have affiliate links so maybe he cannot be trusted 100% but he does offer good information. Aside from that other people would agree that you shouldn't cheap out on a barbell too if you look around on the internet.

http://www.garage-gyms.com/olympic-barbell-review-shopping-guide/
>>
>>18536603
>right tool for the job
>overpriced computer that can't do anything extra
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.