[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In need of emotional advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: qgJb7mj__400x400.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
qgJb7mj__400x400.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
I live with my mom, her bf, and my two bros. The bf and my brothers have a habit of constantly berating or making fun of me.
BF usually targets me about my future job and how I'll never be able to hold one down with how weak I am physically and stupid I am academically. He just turned 22 and tells me not to share my opinion because I don't know anything about the world, and then starts on the job thing.
My brothers appear to hate me for how determined I am about certain topics. (mostly when I go on sort of mini-rants about them being sexist, racist, or homophobic. or when they make really offensive and hurtful comments. i know i come off obnoxious and annoying when i do this but i really can't just sit and do nothing because they are my goddamn brothers and it irks me to hear them say things like that).
I once asked my mom what she found annoying about me. She told me politely what she did, but didn't try and use it to hurt me like they do. She seems to be the only sensitive person I know and while she's amazing and I wouldn't trade her for anything, she also never stands up for me because she isn't the aggressive type. (i understand though and don't blame her)
Recently the guys ganged up on me, talking about me in the living room while I was literally sitting a meter away with mom. They said so much and it hurt so bad. I managed to keep some kind of dignity while I walked away to my room, and then proceeded to break down. I need help because I can't move out and my mom isn't assertive enough to kick her bf out (she has told him multiple times to leave but he convinces her otherwise, somehow). He's the main problem.
I just need someone to tell me something. Anything. I don't give a fuck if it's bad or good. Please help me.
(and as for why it's so hard for me to stand up for myself or plain move out, I'm 14. I don't care if I'm banned from 4chan anymore. I'm desperate.)
>>
Tell me where I can meet them and I'll kick their asses. We can then pose with their heads like Elsa and that black guy. srs
>>
>>18535540
Kick your brothers ass
>>
they're annoying and wrong
>>
Internalize your rage, turn it into fuel, start living weights.

After about a year beat the fuck out of one of them. You don't even have to fight all of them. Just one. Once you have shown your ability and willingness to apply violence the rest will leave you alone.
>>
>>18535540
When someone attacks you in a way to break you down there is no need to be defensive, but if you feel the person does it to destroy or hurt you you need to go into offence. They have their obvious faults, weaknesses and insecurities too and you can make them feel that. Instead of defending what you are, do, or believe you attack them back. Think about what their flaws are, about what makes them feel small and unworthy and then fire it at them the moment they come at you. That usually keeps people from leaning too far out of the window. It's an adequate reaction, really.
>>
Don't fight them, they are your brothers, and your gonna have your ass handed to you.
>>
Problem with fighting them is that I can't. As >>18535952 puts it, I will have my ass handed to me. I could work out but I'd still be inferior regarding age, weight, and size. I'm very small.
I would love to verbally rebut them, but they don't know anything other than attack. They suck at defending themselves. If any of them are cornered in a conversation (and I have cornered them before), they go on the physical and that's where I'm beat. My younger brother (age 12) is a goddamn monster. He's taller, stronger, etc. I have gotten into fights with him before and I shit you not, he almost stabbed me once. Older brother is very reluctant to hit but I once got him so worked up that he cuffed me on the ear, and that bitch hurt.

I have never gotten mom's BF that mad. He does get agitated extremely easy though. Sometimes I don't even have to say anything. I just give him a look and he'll get red in the face, slamming fists on the table and shouting that I know nothing.

As anyone can tell, they're all assholes and need to rethink their priorities. Unfortunately, I actually care about them (my brothers at least). It might be that I'm too empathetic, but I could never truly attack my bros in a way that could actually hurt them. Older bro is insecure about his appearance and has a need to fit in that is unmatched by any other teen I've met so far. I occasionally make snips at him for these but always just to make him back off. Eg, I would never dare mention his daddy issues. And my younger brother similarly has a need to fit in, but also has crippling loneliness and shows signs of depression. I don't ever make snips at him for this because his anger issues are insurmountable. Different story with mom's BF, because I have no qualms about holding back but honestly he scares me when he gets particularly angry. I'm the only one I know who can make him mad so I don't know how he'd react if I touched on his mommy issues.

For anybody who took the time to read that, you're insane.
>>
>>18536049
I have no idea
sounds bad
>>
>>18535540
>confront them
>let them beat you up when tardy rage ensues
>call cops
>sue family
>live the good life
>>
What the hell is your mum thinking keeping her emotionally unstable and abusive boyfriend who isn't even much older then her sons in the house?

As much as you defend her, she isn't doing you any favours man. How old is she? Personally, if any one, partner or not, bullied, denigrated or otherwise badmouthed my kid in my own house, in front of me, or any of my family members I would fucking throw them to curb and never speak to them again. It's just unacceptable.

Right now, I think the best thing you can do is speak to your teachers or school about your home situation. It's not right and you don't deserve to be treated like that. Worst of all is having your mum's boyfriend turn your own brothers against you and normalise the abuse towards you.
>>
>>18536166
Mom's 37 (I'm pretty sure).
She's very strong-willed but has no conviction.
Dad was alcoholic, physically and verbally abusive, and a mother of all dickheads. She stayed with him for about 15 years because she simply couldn't muster up the confidence to kick him out. Same thing is happening with her new BF. He's the worst person I have ever met. He's the definition of every bad social construct. He's childish, single-minded, and has a toddler-like temper. He's funny and seems nice when you first meet him, which is exactly what drew Mom in last time. She's kicked him out several times already, just like Dad, but always accepts him back sooner or later. I can't blame her because that's just how she is.

This time around it's only verbal abuse. I don't really see much of a problem with it unless it's happening to me at this moment. Currently, I feel fine and a bit foolish for making such a big deal out of this. (I know it's bad. I just feel dumb for some reason)

I'm homeschooled. I don't have teachers, counselors, or any of the things that public school has for kids that need help.
Well... I do. But homeschool is different than public. I can't reach out. My teachers talk to several hundred kids every week. They won't be able to do anything, especially considering most of them are stay at home parents that teach in their pj's. I can't rely on people I don't know.
Also, I never mentioned that the BF turned my brothers against me. That's exactly what it is, though, and I'm really surprised you know that.
(at this point, i feel like i'm just throwing negative things out in the wind. nobody can help if i keep shooting down ideas, but i just want to say i really appreciate all the advice anyway. it makes me feel much better knowing some people are on my side)
>>
>>18536293
You shouldn't feel foolish. Your situation isn't normal, and you are living in a very toxic environment. As much as you defend your mom, a lot of this is her fault. Living with people who are verbally or physically abusive to kids is pretty much bad parenting, and if your mom doesn't want to do anything about it, it is entirely her fault.

Being a kid there isn't much you can do unless you want to call child protective services and basically turn your life upside down. If you want to go that route, they can put you in government care, put you with foster parents, or get your mom counseling or whatever. Either way, it will be unpleasant, and your situation may or may not improve.

Aside from that, you could start going to public school, start lifting and reading all the material you can about verbally owning someone. And just apply that. This is all easier told than done.
>>
>>18536293

>This time around it's only verbal abuse

Abuse is abuse friend, and abuse towards a child is inexcusable, particularly when it's coming from an adult. Even if this sorry sack of shit is barely an adult himself. Your mum should be the responsible party here, but instead she's enabling him.

>I'm homeschooled

Well shit, that probably explains why this hasn't been followed up sooner. What about grandparents or other relatives? your family doctor or anyone who you feel is a responsible adult? The nuclear option is getting social services involved, and should definitely be used if it ever becomes physical. You sound like a bright kid, and definitely don't deserve this shit.

>Also, I never mentioned that the BF turned my brothers against me. That's exactly what it is, though, and I'm really surprised you know that.

It's easy enough to piece together, your mum's boyfriend is a bully and your brothers are scared and want to fit in.
>>
>>18536338
>>18536354
I got to know my mom better after the divorce. She's my best and only friend, and I hers. Y'all's logic makes sense and I understand completely. I suppose I just find it hard to see her in that kind of light.

>you could start going to public school

I kinda want to but with all the problems that would entail, nope. The BF tells me I'm stupid and have failing grades, and he's not entirely wrong. I'm definitely smarter than the average kid in my grade level since homeschool teaches subjects faster (in my experience). I don't have any social abilities though and I dislike being forced to learn on a schedule. Homeschool allows me to adjust and learn independently from other kids.
Definitely gonna look into verbally owning someone, though.

All my relatives are distant. I have some that live a few hours away and I see them a few times a year, but none of them are super close. I don't trust them.

Social services became involved at one point during Mom and Dad's separation. I didn't tell them anything because I didn't want to leave my Mom. She needs me and I need her.

In the time you guys were typing that, my Mom, older brother, and the BF were arguing outside of my room. I didn't hear much because my headphones were on. But I do know that Mom just "officially" kicked him out because he tried to do something that set her off, causing my bro to intervene and they almost fought. She's driving him to his family's place right now and I'm super relieved. I don't expect it to last that long, but I really really hope it does.

Again, thanks so much for responding. I didn't think anyone would because my situation isn't the best motivator.
>>
>>18536415

While he's gone, you need to talk to your mum honestly about how negatively his presence is affecting you.
>>
>>18535540
Just leave. Like really, just fucking leave. Get a job and get out. Go sleep in a homeless shelter or get a job that will ship you out somewhere to work for a while. Just try to make some money so you can leave. Get on ebt if you have to and take out a bunch of student loans. I assume you're American, there's pretty much no way you can actually die or get hurt. But you have to leave. They will not stop. It will not get better. You'll get even more depressed. Trust me, you have to do something right now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.