[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety ridden loser, 21, friendless, dropped out of highschool,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1497586089127.png (179KB, 540x428px) Image search: [Google]
1497586089127.png
179KB, 540x428px
Anxiety ridden loser, 21, friendless, dropped out of highschool, looking to start university.

I'm not entirely sure want to study full-time, but my local university offers a program for people that dropped out of high-school or otherwise wouldn't qualify to essentially ease them in to studying.

Now basically, I suffer from severe anxiety issues and a panic disorder, diagnosed and somewhat treated but it's still pretty everpresent and still hurts me a lot. Would it be a better choice to try and do said course online or try and jump in to the deep end and go in person to try and better myself in public situations.

atm I go out maybe 3-4 times a week, usually for groceries or occasionally work calls me (but not often, I have a suspicious they're going to fire me soon because I'm bad).

I guess I'm just afraid that an online course might further isolate me, but at the same time I'm fearful that an on campus course may cause me to have a panic attack in public and deter me from returning
>>
I dont have anxiety. I worry constantly but never had problems in public. I cant help you because I don't know that feeling. The only panic attack I remember havingws in 5th grade when progress reports were going out. One thing Ive found to help this worrying is to laugh. Find the funniest shit and watch it. It helps me and maybe itll help you? You could also tell yourself "everyones a faggot" and go about your business. That helps me too.
>>
>>18535335
bump
>>
>>18535335
You kinda sound like a way worse version of me (I mean with the panic attacks, hope i'm not sounding like a douche). I think you should try for the university, that way maybe you'll be able to find some people who will help you out. Hopefully your uni has clubs or something that you can join, even if its like a fuckin anime club or something which will just kind of get you into the groove. Don't worry about "trying to fit in" so much because every time I try to do that things end up getting worse. I'm definitely not in a perfect spot myself, but the few clubs I am in kind of keep me from spiraling into despair I think, even if I haven't met all the people I want or have all the friends I would like.

Anyway I hope you figure out what you want to do anon and that you go to school and get over this rough patch <3
>>
>>18535335
I'm extremely neurotic myself. I was a shut-in NEET for 5 years after I graduated high school due to my anxiety. Speaking from experience, going to a brick and mortar school will help you a LOT. You don't even have to live on campus, commuting is fine. It gets you out and it gets you around people. Depending on the size of your classes, it can be really easy to just blend in the class so you aren't doing anything interaction intensive, and if you have a panic attack professors won't stop you from taking a step outside.
>>
I'm an ex shut in.
Dont do an online course, it's silly. I went to tafe to go back and finish my high school degree.
Where do you live? What kind of support do you have?
>>
>>18536616
>>18536624
>>18537683
I probably should have clarified, the course is a form of bridging in to university for people that otherwise failed or screwed up their highschool (I passed but barely attended)

Doing it full time online allows me to finish it in just under a year and get on to a real course, whereas doing it part time would take 2+ years.

My plan was to do it full time online while working and then once I'm able to apply for a real course do that part time on campus.

I live in Australia
>>
>>18538696
Again I don't think doing an online course is the best idea, especially if you think you may be losing your job, you'll just become more of a shut in. Assuming you aren't fired, doing the course full time along with work might be difficult, depends on how full on the course is of course.
I can recommend doing the HSC through tafe though, you can do years 11 and 12 in just one year if you choose to do it full time.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.