[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too late to get a part time job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1445975383791.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1445975383791.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
I'm a 19 yr old jobless unskilled loser currently in college. How fucked am I in getting a part time job? I did do volunteer work back in high school but nothing else.
>>
Get a student job and start from there.
I didn't have a job until I was 19 too but I do well and my boss loved me.
Make connections in the right places and you'll have offers waiting for you.
>>
Go flip burgers, unskilled labor means unskilled. They take anyone with a pulse that's halfway dependable. I delivered pizzas and worked a help desk during college. Both sucked, but both paid and you don't need anything more than basic social skills and math to do.
>>
>>18533130
lie on your job application. Everyone I know (people my age working at fastfood places) lie on theirs. Make it believable.
>>
>>18533130
You aint that unskilled or useless. You voulenteered in HS. You didn't sit on your ass playing vidya all the time. It should be easy to get a PT job. You are in college aka you are bettering yourself.
>>
>>18533130
Are you in the US? Have you filled your FAFSA out yet? You'll have to before you can qualify for work study, but your college should have a work study program. They pay the federal minimum wage.
>>
>>18533130
19 is young as fuck, you don't have to be terribly skilled at that age. Just try and get yourself an entry level job at anything, even if it's a McJob flipping burgers or cleaning rooms. Focus not on your skills but personality traits in your resume, such as being a fast learner, being honest, sociable or whatever suits you, and try to find some examples of this from what you have achieved in high school as you write your cover letter.

I am 24 now and a graphic designer, but at 19 I was very much unskilled too. My solution was to just go to school, and I got through it not having to work too much besides a summer job at a frozen baked goods factory, while using student loan money and freelancing some odd translation jobs once it run out.
>>
>>18533133
>>18533135
>>18533136
>>18533137
>>18533158
Thanks guys. I just feel left out after so much negligence of personal duties.

>>18533150
Yes I live in the U.S. and already filled FAFSA and yeah I'm already looking into my campus' work study program.
>>
didn't get my first job till i was 20. ur fine
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.