[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on potential odd relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I met a guy I thought was in his late 30's but he's 50. I'm 28. See where this is going?

I've been really picky about who I want to be with. He's not a creepy old guy. Our interests are similar. He's really caring and we click perfectly on a sexual level. And we both want a ltr.

So besides the gross factor this gives some of you, what do you guys think? Bad idea or go for it?
>>
Just go for it, anon. There will definitely be people in your life who will be wary of the age gap under legitimate concerns (power imbalance, long-term difference in goals...). If you're prepared for that kind of criticism and nothing else is holding you back then why not. Test the waters and tread softly as with all new relationships.

I hope it works out for you.
>>
The whole age thing has never been an issue for me (unless it is something like a 25-yeear old dating a 14-year old or something). If you like him and he likes you and you enjoy each others company, who really cares? What matters is that you are both happy, nothing else.
>>
My dad is like 25 years older than my mom and they've bee very happily married for over 25 years now. My dad is in his 80s and is starting to become more emotional/forgetful in his old age. I think this is the only real conscern worth worrying about when dating an older person. Would you be willing to continue supporting them one they start mentally deteriorating much earlier than you.
>>
>>18532460
If he's taking good care of him self and has a young spirit and outlook I say go for it. I've seen guys and girls in their twenties who look terrible and older folks who look really young for their age. Don't let age get in the way.
>>
Op here.

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm not experienced with relationships to be honest. I'm 28 and never found anyone I was really into. I figured I like this guy, why not?

>>18532535
This has been on my mind. He's healthy, very active. I really was shocked to find out he's 50. He's older than my parents which is a little crazy.

I wouldn't mind caring for him. With the way I live we'll probably fall apart together.

The cringy part is wondering how his kids would react. They're just little younger than me.
>>
>>18532565
>The cringy part is wondering how his kids would react. They're just little younger than me.
My dad's kids were a little younger than my mom. They were against it at first, thinking that she was a gold digger, but after they got to know her they realized that my parents made each-other happy and supported it.
>>
>>18532460
is this a gay thing?
>>
>>18532460
There's an "ick" factor of course
No one likes vastly divergent ages.

However, my pop is in his 50s with a woman who is in her late 20s.
They seem happy.
Have been together for a few years.
She's said that I will be as attractive as he is in a few decades.
Clearly she likes them a bit used.

I don't blame either.
I love my father and she makes him happy.
So I'm ok with it.
>>
>>18532976
Yes
>>
Is this popular with gay guys?
>>
I expected the comments to tear me apart over this. I never found anyone my age i feel this way about so im excited. Never expected it'd be a guy so much older than me. And he's so fuckin hot. Thanks guys. Let me know if there's any advice you think I need.
>>
Have fun, OP. Life is fragile, go ahead and love somebody. You can always retreat and try again. Good luck!
>>
>>18535445
Ty anon.

Can't wait to hear my family's thoughts on this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.