[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Friend Suicidal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Sandwich-alignment-chart.jpg (192KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
Sandwich-alignment-chart.jpg
192KB, 1200x825px
> Be me
> Have male friend of ten years
> Besties forever.
> Past year he starts getting slightly distant.
> Quieter, more reserved, opinions and world view getting darker.
> Fewer and fewer other friends.
> I'm the only friend left now.
> At his place hanging out.
> He goes to bathroom, decide to snoop. ( I know I know. )
> Closet filled with books on euthanasia, suicide, ect. ( Things like peaceful pill handbook, which he had a few editions of )
> Journal entries for the past few months only read " Why do I keep waking up? "
> Back corner of room, under a pile of laundry is a helium tank and tubing.
> After he comes back and we are done visiting, on the way out tell him I love him and he's a strong man and a good friend, and that I'm proud of him.
> He thanks me with a blank face.
> Hasn't contacted me since, but he is still alive based on word from his family and the fact that he comes online/offline occasionally, but never messages or responds.
> Don't know what to do. Want to be a good friend, but don't want him to hate me or see me as a traitor, or put him in a tense situation that might push him over the edge.
>>
Would you rather the next time you see him be at his funeral?

Your friend needs you. Just tell him you've noticed how he seems less content and put it out there that you want to help him in any way possible (lending an ear, hanging out more...).

You could also put him into contact with a therapist or go seek help from a crisis center. He could also phone up the suicide hotline.

Good luck.
>>
>>18532353

Hang out at his place again. Make it happen.

Snoop more, take pics.

Use pics to get him involuntarily committed to a psychiatric facility being that he's a danger to himself.

The fucking helium tank shows intent. Someone who'se just "occasionally having thoughts about suicide" does not buy the shit to actually do it. Someone is is going to do it, buys that shit.

Now, you can be a good friend and see him at his funeral.
Or you can be a bad friend, good person who hopefully he'll thank in a few years time even if he doesn't see it now.

He might very well give you shit for this, and your friendship will be over (but let's face it, from what you're saying, it isn't going to last anyway), but you need to have faith in yourself that you're doing the right thing.

If you do nothing, you'll just have this knot in your stomach till the day he gives in and does it. You're feeling like shit for a reason. Do something about it.
>>
I'm afraid if I try to push it, or if he finds me snooping, or if I tell him I know, that it will only hurry him, not delay him.
>>
>>18532353

Are you a grill?

Have sex with him. It's a short term solution but it will give him something to live for while you try to find a more long-term one.
>>
>>18532353
You're a good friend.
>>
>>18532353
Tell the cops. It will give them probable cause to search his house. If all that shit is in there, he'll be detained and taken to a mental facility to receive therapy and, if needed, medication.

Assuming you are in the US, btw.
>>
>>18532353

>All those people telling you to call the cops.
Why can’t people understand that not everyone has the same vision as them? The world is a fucked-up place and some people just get tired of suffering every day. Forcing a person to stay alive and miserable during his whole life just because you would feel bad for a couple months after his death sounds a little selfish, don’t you think?
Impulsive people try to overdose on pills or try to jump from a bridge, but the helium tank shows that there was some research involved. This is not an emotional thing, this is the result of a careful evaluation of past experiences and future opportunities, and a decision was made.
By the way, if you really want to help him, tell him that most commercial helium tanks are only 80% helium in order to stop people from committing suicide. In fact, there is a chance that he will suffer some degree of brain damage because of the lack of oxygen, unless he has some welding-quality helium gas there.
>>
>>18532353

just show up at his place one night with some of his favorite food and some drinks. spend the night watching his favorite movie or his favorite TV show or playing his favorite video game. if you have to, hold him. its a little awkward (and gay as fuck) but when someone wants to kill themselves what they really need is just some close human contact.

I remember being so close to the edge and one friend came over and awkwardly just held me for an hour. again, awkward as hell, but it was comforting to just have someone i know make me feel loved again.
>>
> All these people saying call the cops

You will potentially get this kid killed. Not even saying MUH VIOLENT COPS, but if he's considering suicide he's in a bad mental place, and you don't know how he'll react.

OP, talk to your friend. Call him. Tell him you're worried. Tell him you love him. Tell him you care about him. Tell him you'll always be there for him. Try to get him to voluntarily commit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.