[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’m from Europe and I’m planning to move to US in 2-3 years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: as.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
I’m from Europe and I’m planning to move to US in 2-3 years. Right now I have to chose my specialty at uni. Im studying finance and accounting and my specialties are accounting, finance and banking. I was thinking about choosing accounting since I’m really good at it (student of the year, actually) but I was researching salaries of accountants in US and it seems pretty low… I don’t know what the standards of living in US are, is 50k annually really a good salary? Assuming my partner will earn pretty much the same or slightly more (he’s working in IT), is 100k for couple considered a good income? I know it varies depending on the state, but generally, is it considered being wealthy? It doesn’t seem so, but maybe I’m delusional, as I said, I’ve never lived in US and I don’t know the prices and so on.
I might choose finance for my specialty, it certainly pays better, but I just don't like it that much. I could do it though if I had to. What I want from life is to have a big house, pool, to travel abroad at least 2-3 times a year, to be generally wealthy, do not care about the prices and so on. Will 100k annually be sufficient or should I pursue a job I don’t like and try to earn 70-80k a year instead?
>>
You must be 18 to view this website.

What you make compared to cost of living is determine by the city you chose to live in.

There is no guaranty that you will earn what you want right out of college.

Today, college degrees in the US are almost not worth it due to so many people having one.

I would suggest you see what happens in a few years and adjust.

>What I want from life is to have a big house, pool, to travel abroad at least 2-3 times a year, to be generally wealthy, do not care about the prices and so on. Will 100k annually be sufficient
No.
You really need to re-evaluate your priorities. There is more to life that materialistic things.
>>
>What you make compared to cost of living is determine by the city you chose to live in.

I don’t know yet where I’d want to live, anything north is fine by me. I do know it’s hard to give advice with me being so unspecific, sorry for it.

>There is no guaranty that you will earn what you want right out of college.

There is no guaranty, but that’s why I’m looking at the average salary and trying my best to be the best student and doing additional courses like ACCA. I’d say I have a pretty good chance of earning this 50k a year eventually.

>Today, college degrees in the US are almost not worth it due to so many people having one.

College degrees in general or college degrees in accounting? Most people end up with useless degrees and without any experience, I’d like to avoid that.

>You really need to re-evaluate your priorities. There is more to life that materialistic things.

Why, though? I know there’s more to life, I have a loving partner and a great family, but one of the goals in my life is to be wealthy, why is that bad? I’m ambitious, that’s all, it’s better than doing nothing and hoping for moderate salary, moderate husband and moderate life.
>>
My big brother did finance and pulls in $1.6M at SEB, at the age of 28.

It makes me feels like shit tbqh. I'm very proud of him, though.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.