[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few months ago I quit my job and have not found a new one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 06432464.jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
06432464.jpg
52KB, 640x360px
A few months ago I quit my job and have not found a new one.
My wife lost her job last week.
We have no obligations or debt to anyone, not ties but to each other and ~500000€ in the bank.
Pretty much free to do whatever the fuck we want.

Wat do?
>>
>>18531788
What age are both of you? Do you have any other asset (is your home paid off if you have one?) I'm guessing your around age 35-50, in which case 500,000 EUR won't be enough for a retirement most likely. However, you both could consider part time or a staged retirement. 500k EUR would likely be able to support this plan
>>
>>18531797
29 and 30. home is completely paid off. retirement at 30 is kind of sad?
>>
>>18531815
You guys are doing very well for yourselves if your only low 30s with that amount of assets. However, at that age and with that amount of funds, you would probably need more money for an actual retirement. You could both work for 10 more years and then retire? With some contributions from a job, coupled with investment returns, your money should double to 1mil EUR in 10 years.
>>
>>18531842

yeah that would be the reasonable thing do, get back to a regular job and work until retirement. Make and raise kids.
I know this will sound pretty childish but all of that seems pretty normal and slightly boring.
I cant really shake off the impression that i should expect more from life and do something extraordinary .
>>
>>18531863
That's more than enough money and asset to start a business or go on vacation or start a business where you go on vacation.
>>
>>18531883
One of the things we had in mind was to travel around the world and settle in the place we would like the most.
Is that running away from responsibility?
>>
>>18531895
>responsibility
For what?
>>
>>18531904
What I described as a normal life (job,kids,etc...) is what's expected of us by our families and by society, it's the "right" thing to do do. I know that sounds really conservative but we both have been raised with these kind of moral and societal imperatives...
>>
>>18531929
Mate youre asking in 4chan. The commoner isnt on 4chan. Its your life and your money use it when you need it.
>>
>>18531929
That kind of sucks. I can't really think my way out of that mindset for you but it doesn't sound very healthy.
In any event, you two need to fuck more often.
>>
>>18531929
You could have kids now and retire at 50. At that age you should still be mobile, and able to travel, while also upholding societal values of the family. Also your kids should be able to take care of themselves at that age
>>
>>18531939
Fuck that made me laugh.
And yeah I know it's not healthy but when you're pretty much indoctrinated its kind of hard to change your mindset

>>18531938
That's the whole point of asking 4chan for advice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.