[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on rent and housing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1498521536578.jpg (139KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1498521536578.jpg
139KB, 396x388px
I make about 2000 dollars month. The apartment I'm set to move into is 785 buckaroos a month. Internet+insurance+gym membership+phone bill runs me 300+. Food and misc would probably be another $100.

Is this sustainable you think? Anyone have experience with living alone? Give me tips

Also feel free to ask related questions here
>>
>>18531178
it's doable but try to reduce costs
>>
>>18531178
You're setting 100 dollars a month for food? You'll starve.
>>
will be living in the us soon, can i live in an apartment alone working just one (entry level/min wage) job or should i buy a camper and live in that?
is the city, suburb or countryside generally the cheapest in the us when you accout for the commute?
>>
>>18531291
No you can't. I make $16 an hour and I can barely afford a one room apartment in the suburbs. Entry level jobs are typically $8.50-12 dollars an hour. You would need a roommate.

Don't buy a camper either unless you have a family. You have to pay for where you park it

Countryside is much cheaper, especially in regards to rent. However there are many downsides to living in the country as well such as lack of services, stores, public transport, fun places to go etc. that I personally don't think makes it worth it unless you have family
>>
>>18531349
sigh, guess flat with roomies it is again. thanks. fix your economy any time guys.
>>
>>18531358
The economy is great. The banks, corporations, and jews that own everything are just squeezing the average man for every penny he makes. It's been like this here for ~20 years.
>>
>>18531358
There is a pretty big push to raise the minimum wags to 15 an hour. I wouldn't bet on it though. Maybe in the next 30 years
>>
>>18531381
im not complaining, after all im taking the jew dick head on by coming to your land of the free. im just saying this isnt normal and a full time job should net you the option to live alone.
>>18531416
my expectations are low in general anyway, just let me have food and dont deport me to guantanamo.
>>
>>18531416
Recently in Minneapolis it has been raised to $15 but in phases. In 2022 in will be in full effect.
>>
You need to separate the needs from the wants.

Need:
- Roof over head
- Food
- Kitchen for free water
- Shower and toilet access
- Cheap but reliable phone and laptop for online access.

Rent a room anon. Those can be from 200 to 500 per month, the more expensive they are the more likely bills we be included.

Save for a few years and get a deposit going on a house or apartment and make sure you work your ass off to ensure you cant get sacked for slacking. If you do, then sell your property and go back to the rent a room option.

Remember

Needs vs Wants
>>
>>18531677
Rent a room as in one in a house instead of an apartment?
>>
>>18531682
Yes.

Its cheaper and you have other living in there splitting bill costs if you get a cheap room.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.