[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analytical vs organic chem phd. Obv any phd is going to be a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1493406093391.jpg (77KB, 460x614px) Image search: [Google]
1493406093391.jpg
77KB, 460x614px
Analytical vs organic chem phd.
Obv any phd is going to be a lot of work, but ive heard organic you are expected to be in lab for 14 hours a day. Hows analytical compare to that?
>>
>>18530754
Bump come on guys i need help
>>
organic chem master race
>>
>>18530754

Math

> no labs
> 300k starting
>>
If this is a serious question I would suggest getting in contact with the staff at the school you intend to be working at.
>>
>>18530754
>not doing computational
You dun goofed m8. Honestly I would just go analytical since organic is already filled with memers.
>>
File: mathphd.jpg (24KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
mathphd.jpg
24KB, 400x267px
>>18530757
>mfw
>>
>>18530758
I talked to a lot of different profs from a few of the sub fields of chemistry when i went for admitted student visit weekend a few months ago. My degree is biochem and i have experience in a bio lab and an org synth lab, plus a year of work experience in analytical so i dont think im limited to organic. I wanna be an entrepreneur afterwards though, which sub field do you think is best for that?
>>
>>18530757
Yeah bro dope advice ill just call up the office of graduate studies im sure theyll let me switch from chemistry to mathematics
>>
>>18530761
If you want to be an entrepreneur that means you are going to be living, breathing, eating and sleeping your decision. Make sure it's something you are interested in.
>>
>>18530763
Im interested in using my chemistry skills to make money. Buying cheap old analytical equipment gives me a lot of options and flexibility with what i can do, i think a lot more so than organic
>>
>>18530756
U in/did a phd program? What was it like?
>>
>>18530764
synthesizing recreational drugs is a great way to make money you raging cunt
>>
Simple.

Do you want a guaranteed job and a shitload of tedious, boring work that will make you want to shoot yourself in the head? Analytical

Do you want to actually feel like a chemist and have some semblance of accomplishment? Organic/ organometallic/ inorganic.

Do you want to feel like you made the biggest fucking mistake of your life by going to grad school to learn a skill that is utterly worthless to any industrial application? Do computational
>>
>>18530767
This man understands the field.
I was going to pretty much say this.
Anal Chem is so fucking boring I don't know how anyone can seriously pursue this shit as a career and not kill themselves.
Orgo is pretty cool OP I would go that way.
Or be a real man and do pure theory with no computational work.
>>
>>18530757
>not liking labs

do you even fun?
>>
>>18530796
Yeah i mean its boring for sure. But with the legalization of weed and regulation of extract drug products on the horizon i predict there wil be a lot work for me with my phd and some refurbished old lc and gc machines. Biggest takeaway is i dont want to be a salary cuck thats my main goal
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.