[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel shame at the gym. I only started going, but being the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1191.jpg (49KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1191.jpg
49KB, 720x720px
I feel shame at the gym. I only started going, but being the weakest and most unfit person there is off putting. How to overcome?
>>
Two ways
1) Just stop giving a fuck, you go there and repeat a mantra in your head
2) Bulk up at home and then hit the gym
>>
>>18530507
You realize everyone who went to the gym were probably the weakest there at one point as well..

Same with me, I used to bench just the bar with no plates but slowly progressed, having the people there throw you "nice progress dude" or other kind of compliments is very nice desu
>>
>>18530507
This is coming from a person was 360 at 6'3, and has lost over 40 pounds. Do it after awhile it becomes a habit and you stop giving a fuck and you get stronger.
>>
>>18530507
just live with that feeling for about a week or two and then after you will be past that uneasiness. just got to make it through. its not that 2 weeks wil change your body, but you will start caring less about others and begin to see nobody is looking at you.
>>
>>18530507
Everyone ITT has already said it. The only obstacle between you and being a buff ladykiller is yourself.

Just keep lifting. Godspeed anon
>>
>>18530507
Nobody's gonna give a shit, brah; everyone started somewhere.

If it helps, you could bring a buddy to help you or just show up at non-peak hours.
>>
I think investing in your own personal gym at home is a solid choice for people who feel uncomfortable at the gym. You want to focus all your energy on getting in shape - you don't benefit socially in any way by doing it in public. You're not there to pick up girls and girls aren't there to pick up guys. Some guys are there to pick up guys but aside from that, a gym membership is a waste of money.
>>
>>18530507
>How to overcome?

By continuing to go to the gym you moron.

But srsly. As your form improves and the weights go up, you eventually just stop giving a fuck what other gym goers are thinking. The only thing on your mind should be moving an assload more iron than you've ever lifted before.

WE LIFT. WE EAT. WE LIFT AGAIN.
>>
It's just in your head. Nobody else thinks anything of it. People go to the gym to work out, not to keep tabs on the progress of every other person there.

If anything, people are probably thinking "good for him."
>>
You do realize that me and the other Gods don't even know that you exist, right?

You're invisible, do the best out of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.