[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me ways to justify the major I chose in college.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: couple-vapes-together1.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
couple-vapes-together1.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
First, I will give some background info on how I choose my major.

>be me.
>like girl.
>want to go to college in the same foreign city as said girl just to maximize chances of potentially fucking her
>realize how ridiculous this is
>go trough the list of public universities there
>decide that you would like to go to a faculty of philology
>choose linguistics and the japanese language as your major, because it genuinely interests you

I really don't want to say that I choose linguistics because I've been learning about it as a hobby for a few years. What excuse should I make up? What kind of job opportunities should I cite?
>>
>>18530068
Wait. You don't even know what you want to DO with that degree? You realize you're paying tens of thousands of dollars to get it, right?

The degree isn't the goal, anon. The JOB that comes from getting the degree is the goal. Don't go to college just because you find it interesting. Philosophy is interesting, but it doesn't mean that anyone is hiring Philosophers.
>>
>>18530075
I got gud grades and now i habe free college xS
So no tens of thousands of anything.

I'm also obsessed with being in this city.
>>
>>18530082
Ok. But what are you wanting to do for a job once you're out of college?
>>
>>18530068
Anon is right op, you shouldn't waste your time on a shit degree and your money moving to a city all for a girl that you just want to fuck. This is your entire future at stake here.
>>
>>18530084
Anything but a teacher / professor.

Most teachers I know never wanted to be one but they ended up being one and are now relatively fine with it, more content with life than I am now definitely.
>>
>>18530090
>Anything but
That's not an answer, and you know it. You're gonna go to college, waste 4 years of your youth for a degree, and graduate with no idea what you're gonna do, and wind up working minimum wage somewhere, hoping that somebody will find that attractive. If that's your game plan, then just don't go to college, and start working at Walmart now. You'll save yourself years of your life working towards something ultimately meaningless.
>>
>>18530095
I'm literally looking at all of this sound, rational advice, and it isn't hitting me the least bit.

I think everything is said, I'm too far gone in the autism, there's no saving me lads.
>>
>>18530095
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.

My parents are masters of nepotism in this region, so if I decide on a job my chances of getting it are higher.
>>
>>18530104
Ok. Then get out of here, and don't come back full of regret. You've heard all the advice, and decided to fuck up your life anyways. You're literally wasting the most precious years of your life. You're spending your youth on nothing.

I'm sure you already know this much, at least: You're a fool.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.