[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navy vs. Air Force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: sasa.jpg (42KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
sasa.jpg
42KB, 636x358px
Hey, /adv/. I'm considering enlisting into the Navy or AF. My only notable skill would probably be my knowledge with computers whether it has to do with hardware or software and I plan on learning to program. I did all 4 years of JROTC in high school so I'll be given E-3 in the Navy or AF upon enlistment. I also might end up attending college while I'm in the service. Anyways, I have some questions that I hope some of you can answer.

>What AF MOS and Navy rating would be right for me with my given knowledge and what I plan on learning (programming).

>What're the benefits of the AF and Navy? ex. Enlistment bonus, college while in the service, etc.

>Is it hard to get into a relationship while in the AF or Navy and will it work out?

Any source is appreciated, it can be links, personal experience, opinions, etc. Extra information about the AF and Navy that wasn't mentioned is also appreciated.
>>
>>18529908
I'm a 4 year ROTC fag too, and enlisted in the AF.

>What AF MOS and Navy rating would be right for me with my given knowledge and what I plan on learning (programming). If you want programming, you can go either way. The US military is running cyber systems as a weird, joint-command kind of deal and everyone has their toes in it. It seems to me that the AF has the largest computer/cyber career fields, and we seem to be on the forefront of most of it, but don't take that to the bank.

>What're the benefits of the AF and Navy? ex. Enlistment bonus, college while in the service, etc.
You wont get an enlistment bonus w/ the AF for cyber jobs. You WILL get re-enlistment bonuses because the AF wants to keep you. College is easy for both services, everyone does some form of online degree and it's not that hard. I've been in 12 years and i'm damn near done with a Masters.

>Is it hard to get into a relationship while in the AF or Navy and will it work out?
No, in fact it's all too fucking easy, especially when you're in your job school ("Tech School" for the AF..."A-School" for the Navy). It's hard to have a long-term relationship early on, because you'll be getting moved between training bases & duty locations, but once your established somewhere it's very possibly. You just have to put in the TIME and the EFFORT.

I'm a loadmaster, been flying around the world for almost 13 years now, and I've been married through all of them. My schedule is completely screwy and it's hard to plan big events when I can leave the country on 12-hours notice. But we've made it work, with 2 kids in school, both of us in college, all while I fly around the world...so yeah it's very possible.
>>
>>18529908
Also, or the AF in general.

Be prepared to compete with people for promotion if you make this a career. And I don't mean in a good way. The AF is focusing on a "whole person" concept in determining how ready a person is for the next rank. What does that mean exactly?

Well, you can't just be good at your job. You also have to show active leadership at all levels in the chain of command. If you want to move up the ranks fast you have to essentially...ignore your primary fucking job and get your name/face out there to the people who "matter". Run the Squadron BBQ, President of the Airman's Council, organized the Wing Fun Run...or some shit like that. Essentially do all the things that make you LOOK GOOD on paper...while ignoring the whole reason you joined the AF in the first place.
>>
>>18529933
Thanks, your response seems reliable considering you're currently enlisted, much appreciated.
>>
>>18529939
Thanks! I'll keep this in mind.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.