[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading comprehension ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1365475090228.jpg (24KB, 200x379px)
1365475090228.jpg
24KB, 200x379px
I don't mean to sound like a brainlet but how do I grasp the meaning of different books ? Should I read more or am I just a doomed brainlet ?
>>
just look it up online if you don't get it
>>
Split your mind like a proper scholar.
Have the overview and overall lesson in the back of your mind while your forebrain picks through the diction and emotion.
Read more.
>>
>>18529433
Only brainlets do this
>>
Any books about reading comprehension ?
>>
>>18529427
Read more, try to figure out what the writer was trying to say and compare your own impression with that of other readers. You don't have to practice exclusively with books either - you can do this with movies, video games, anything that has a story. If you want an idea of where to start, I'd say Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream are pretty good for beginner's analysis. Basically check out high school reading lists.
>>
>>18529503
Thanks anon
>>
>>18529427
Look for motifs (repeating mentions of particular things in books, the color red, ducks, a billboard, anything specifically mentioned more than once) motifs represent something so try to figure it out by how the author writes about it, or the characters refer to it.

When an author describes something, read into how they describe it. They chose descriptional words very specifically.

Also just read a bunch of classic novels and SparkNotes the book. It'll give you a good idea what to look for in the next book you read. Don't sparkNotes it UNTIL you're done tho
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.