[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: harmless shark.jpg (71KB, 560x461px) Image search: [Google]
harmless shark.jpg
71KB, 560x461px
should i see a psychiatrist?

Every week feels like a drag and I’m stuck in a constant loop. I go to work 5 days a week and then spend the weekend resting and prepping for the week (clean, cook). Repeat.
This has made me feel hopeless, never excited about tomorrow.
This feeling has affected me both mentally and physically. Every day I feel exhausted. It’s become a burden to do anything other than the basic things.
I’m not sure at this moment why I feel so hopeless lately when everything in my life is going well.
I have a good job. I live on my own and take care of myself while making some money in excess (not filthy rich). I’m still young (26). I have a good circle of friends.
I don’t have a girlfriend currently at this time, but with the mindset I currently have, it just doesn’t seem like a good idea.
Lately, I’ve been slowly pushing my friends and family away. Spending time with them feels like a burden to me now.

Help /adv/

Sincerely,
Anon
>>
>>18528905
>This has made me feel hopeless, never excited about tomorrow.
that's what most people who
>go to work 5 days a week
feel

you're fine.
well, not fine, it's soul-crushing hell, but not a good enough reason to see a psychiatrist
>>
Classic signs of depression. See a doc and a therapist. Depression is not justt 'i want to die' but there is also 'apathetic hopeless depression' which you sound like you have a textbook version
>>
>>18528914
how do I get myself to feel happier than. Should i find a new job or pull an Into the Wild kinda deal?

>>18528918
cuz this guy says otherwise. I need so I'm at a 1 to 1 tally right now
>>
>>18528918
and how much will a psychiatrist run me?
>>
>>18528956
Do you have insurance? Some insurance you dont have to pay anything for psychiatrist. Some pills for depression will run you 5 cents a month . 5 cents per month. But that's if you have insurance. If you dont then it can be $40-$120 a month per psychiatrist visit. It will be more in the beginning as they try to figure out what you need.
You just need to decide if you are willing to spend that much for future happiness.

I am assuming that you havent had anything traumatizing happen to you and this is only a chemical issue and not an emotional one. You should also exercise, that will help a lot with depression too.
>>
>>18529007
I do exercise daily and no trauma lately that I an think of.

This post did put a smile on my face. I checked my insurance and they all want 100+ after all the deductions. thanks obama?
>>
>>18528945
having SOME kind of plan makes it much easier
>I'll quit this job as soon as I save up X $
>>
>>18529089
I mean... i'm not gonna just quit my job if i reach some finite money goal. cuz then when it runs out what will i do?

as far as work, I am currently applying elsewhere to get a feel of the market before my review so i can ask for a better pay. but its just money...
>>
>>18529106
I'm just saying, there's no light at the end of that tunnel, and that's the worst part
carve some light for yourself
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.