[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to keep Strep Throat from coming back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Ok so I was diagnosed with Strep Throat 2 weeks ago. Given a 10 days supply of antibiotics.

I admit, I haven't actually needed medicine for 10 years so I took the antibiotics for only 4 days. I had felt better just after the first day so I stopped. Well 2 days later my throat started hurting. Took it again and the symptoms went away. I did another day then stopped. Yet again it came back the morning after. I've started again and am going to use it all up but how am I going to keep it from coming back? Only have 3 days worth left.

I eat relatively healthy, drinking only water, taking a multivitamin. I bought antiseptic mouthwash to try and keep my mouth cleaner than before but I have doubts I stopped it from coming back.
>>
>>18528884
>how am I going to keep it from coming back?
By following instructions and taking the antibiotics for the fucking prescribed course. Doctors don't just give you them for 10 days for shits and giggles.
>>
>>18528900
This.
OP you fucking piece of shit all you're doing is creating a super strep virus that will be immune to antibiotics.
Take the full fucking dose even if you start to feel better, by god they tell you this literally every single time they prescribe you antibiotics for a reason how are people this stupid
>>
File: 1477881952143.jpg (63KB, 427x582px) Image search: [Google]
1477881952143.jpg
63KB, 427x582px
>>18528884
You damn idiot. Just because you feel better doesn't mean that it's how it works. You keeping said antibiotics until way way WAY after you're feeling better to ensure that all those fuckers are purged from your system like hilter purged the jews.
>>
The fact that you felt better didn't mean it was gone. The antibiotics had simply killed enough of them to make you feel better. There was still enough of a population to bounce back as soon as you stopped killing them.

Start the antibiotics and go to the doctor. Tell the doctor exactly what you did and get another dose of antibiotics (which will probably be a different kind, because now you've probably made your infection resistant to the previous kind).

Then you will take the entire antibiotic regimen, exactly as directed. And then you will be fine.

Don't do this again. They prescribe the entire thing for a reason.
>>
>>18529207
Also, multivitamins and antiseptic mouthwash do not make you illness-proof. They help, but it's not magic.

They will also not cure an illness that you already have.
>>
>>18529212
One more thing. Once you have finished your antibiotic regimen, change your toothbrush. You can reinfect yourself if you use the same one. But only do this once the antibiotics are done. Changing your toothbrush now will not prevent it from coming back yet again.
>>
>>18528884
>so I took the antibiotics for only 4 days.
Congratulations, you just contributed to make the fuckers antibiotic resistant. Because of cunts like you, antibiotics will increasingly become useless. The way of killing it is taking the antibiotics for 10 days as the doc said. You're not very smart, are you?
>>
>>18528884
>10 days of antibiotics
>only takes 4 days

Do you want superbugs? Cause that's how you get superbugs.

Seriously it's so retarded I hope u get mrsa
>>
>>18528884
As a lab tech, you're a fucking retard and you should actually kill yourself before you kill us all.
>>
>>18531111
>MRSA - Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
He said he had a Strep infection, not a Staph infection, you silly billy.

But yeah I hope this retard gets VRSA
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.