[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coping with ugliness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: wall.png (172KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
wall.png
172KB, 1440x900px
I hate how I look (specifically my skin). That's normal for girls--yet this extent? I'm paralyzed! I can't live!

I know about the "halo effect". I know that perfectly good people will judge ugly people, they just don't know it. I know that wearing foundation and cover-up is just lying and a girl's face is literally everything, so I reject anyone because I know they only like me because of my make-up. It's weird. Really weird. I used to be the one who genuinely never thought of anyone as ugly (nor was I attracted to anyone, to be honest). I even got annoyed at my friends who make fun of someone for their looks--"there's more important things...some people just can't help it!" and stuff like that. Now, I look in the mirror and beat myself up even though I've never been outwardly called ugly in my life. I wish to die. I think I'm doing the world good for staying in...and it's always on myself. I wouldn't think this way about anyone else.

In grade school I genuinely didn't care that much about how I looked. But then I went through this traumatic experience at prom and ever since then my social anxiety and obsession with how I look has gotten worse. I've trust issues for miles. And, no, the person that caused me all that pain wasn't what you'd call a bitch or an an asshole--so, the experience was something beyond bullying. Add in a few minor jabs and spending a shit ton of money trying to fix my issues...and you've a recipe for a wretch of a human being.

Because of that one experience along with a few others, I've been boiled past flattery, security, and satisfaction, and into bitterness. I'm afraid of going out. Weary of others, weary of them possibly being two-faced and just acting nice to me.

Not too long ago I found out what I wanted to do with my life and I need to forge my way towards it. But, but...I just can't stop worrying about how I look. I'm so frustrated. What should I even do to get the fuck over this? Assume that it's a fact that I am a 2/10.
>>
Girls cant lose at life. You may very well be a 2/10 but thanks to poligamy theres always gonna be a 100 guys who still wanna fuck you. Then again youre just attention whoring when your biggest problem is your skin lmfao
>>
>>18528565
I think whatever happened really fucked you up and it's manifesting in strange ways- like this obsession with your skin.

If you have the means, I'd get a therapist and try to work through this ASAP before you keep spiraling in this direction.
>>
>>18528577
>assuming that all there is to life is fucking
As Trump would say: Sad!
>>
>>18528565
I know this Taiwanese-Canadian girl living near me who has an issue with her skin, especially visible on her face. I honestly would have zero issues asking her out and making her my girlfriend, if she just didn't post on Facebook so much and wasn't close friends with a couple girls who seem to be SJWs... I really don't think ugly girls have it that bad, if they're young and not fat, like her.

(I'm giving these details because whatever she's got on her skin is very rare and it wouldn't surprise me if she was you...)
>>
>>18528565
>Assume that it's a fact that I am a 2/10.

Because of your skin?

Unless you look like a Dalmatian and know one can tell if you're black with white patches, or white with black patches, or god forbid you're covered in so many spots that blind people stop to read you, chances are, most guys don't notice.

Secondly, I know of a girl with, not great skin.
It's probably worse than I think it is actually, because I have noticed and I'm generally oblivious.

I still think she's 10/10, and she doesn't wear make-up. At all.
Then again, she is slim, has as amazing accent and is the only woman I've met that I could honestly call approachable, so there is that.

Point is, you can't just change your skin, but luckily, there is a fucktonne of things about you that are more important, and some of them aren't even about your looks.

Keeping a healthy weight always helps, (same with having a cute fucking accent).
But generally, if there is one thing that puts men off more than morbid obesity, it's bitchiness.
Avoid that shit like the plague if you want to ever benefit from the halo effect, because if you even so much as have resting bitch face, men will actively avoid you.
We don't avoid fatties, it's just very few of us sleep with them. Can be friends still.
But yeah, if a girl has that "Give me a reason to talk to HR. DO IT, DO IT!" face, that's straight up man repellent.

I know you said you aren't interested in relationships, but generally, I find, that the halo effect tends to work better with the opposite sex. So yeah.
>>
>>18528565
>and a girl's face is literally everything
It's only that if you don't have any other qualities which tends to be the case for most girls.
>>
>>18528879
Sounds like that otherwise she wouldnt be crying about being ugly now would she?
>>
>>18528565
Go to a fucking dermatologist
>>
Sounds like you have body dismorphia OP. You should seek a psychiatrist.
>>
I know you may be reluctant to, but please post a pic of yourself. I'm a fellow femanon that went through some REALLY BAD skin problems and maybe I could share some of my knowledge. ^^
>>
>>18528879
It's like 80% of physical attraction.
>>
>>18528565

Knew a girl with Rosacea all over her face. She was obese, too. But she was a boss ass bitch and got tons of male attention. It was amazing, really.

In general though OP, you should see a therapist first - not a dermatologist. I mean, do see the skin doc, but focus on a therapist first. I think that will do you a lot more immediate good.
>>
Don't worry, I'm a 10/10 guy who like ugly girls, just b yourself
>>
>>18528565
post pic
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-18-09-45-33.png (539KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-18-09-45-33.png
539KB, 720x1280px
>>18530842
Aw fuck, fine. I'm on my phone so I can't really type much, but I've come to realize my main problem is how dead my skin looks. I look far older than what I am. Sorry about the ant quality.
>>
>>18531135
Also yeah I know my other flaws. It's just the worn out look and damage that fucks with me.
>>
>>18531135
You look perfectly fine, the only thing unattractive about you is insecurity. Go find a psychologist.

>acne femanon
>using cosmetics breaks me out like mad
>90% of skin is peeling due to antibiotics

Guess what, only extremely shallow people care for looks alone. My skin is a cesspit of decay and nobody cares a lot (except maybe me).
>>
>>18531181
yup.

She's nuts and has some weird BDD shit going on. GO. TO. A. SHRINK. ya nutty ho.
>>
File: a sweet death.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
a sweet death.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>18531181
My heart goes out to you--I had that problem a while back and putting snail shit on my face fixed it. I wish I was kidding. Anyway, sorry to pry, but what are the antibiotics for? A temporary malady I hope.
>>18531186
Er, let me clarify that I am wearing some cover-up in that pic on my lower face...but you're right. I'm half crazy ho. Sometimes I sit back and just observe my thoughts. They're twisted as fuck.

>midway through year (started out at my weight since 6th grade, 200 pounds, and lost 50 pounds in 4 months) dude I met early on comes up to me and gives me a long look
>"god bless, anon, did you get highlights or something? You look younger somehow"
>think that, because fatness (if nothing else) is supposed to make people look younger and he probably was just seeing me in a good light at the moment, he's basically saying that I look old
>confidence going down as weight goes down, feel bad

Maybe it's because of all the cute Asian people around my school (they're almost a majority here) setting a veeery high standard of cuteness and here I am, ex...well, closet tomboy, rough on the edges, kind of tall and long-legged, and broad-shouldered. I'm like the opposite of them.
>>
Honestly though, how should a 2/10 cope?
>>
>>18532648
A real 2/10-4/10 asking here
>>
>>18532648
>>18532656
Plastic surgery, exercise, hobbies. Change whatever is ruining your life. You only live once, don't spend it being miserable. The only reason why people frown on surgery is because they see more failures than good results.
>>
>>18531135
>Assume that it's a fact that I am a 2/10

Whatever happened in high school must have fucked you up big time, when I look at that picture I see a woman that is far above a 2/10, you're easily a 7+/10. I think you need to seek some form of professional help or regain some form of self-confidence, this is clearly all in your head.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.