[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tinder worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rr.jpg (23KB, 550x476px) Image search: [Google]
rr.jpg
23KB, 550x476px
I've been single for over a year and I was thinking about trying Tinder (or fuck it, Grindr, I'm bi) for something casual. How's your experience with it, anons and anonettes? Is it safe? Did you make a match?
>>
Yes, it is worth, as long as you keep realistic expectations. Basically it's much more used by people wanting hookups than serious dating. So if you're looking for a blowjob, you're golden, if you're looking for a gf, you'll probably have to lurk for a while
>>
>>18528436
You'll get laid if you're either attractive or have low standards. It won't get you anything else.
>>
>>18528436
If you are attractive then yes it's worth it, otherwise don't bother
>>
>>18528439
This. It's not impossible to find something serious, but it's mostly for hookups.

People, both men and women, get an inflated sense of grass-is-greener with these apps. There's too much choice. Too much illusion of it, really. They think they have this huge catalog and get to pick through perfectly good people so they can find one that's better.

I've seen girlfriends not "swipe" on someone because he has a stupid hat, or his friends "look douchey" or they don't like his glasses. The men turn into animals- calling someone a cunt for the littlest indiscretions. Probably bitter from being blown off so many times... while simultaneously doing the same to half the women on the app. It's a warzone out there.

Just... keep a thick skin, and try not to lose your faith in humanity.
>>
>>18528436

when its good its good, but there can also be a lot of frustration. it should go without saying (but i will say it anyways because a lot of people act surprised) that the more attractive you are the easier it is, though even when you are attractive it has its flaws.

grindr for example is going to be dozens of people without any face pics messaging you then getting offended when you say 'i dont talk to people who dont show me their face'. they will unironically claim that they deserve to pick people based on their looks but that you should just talk to them cuz they need to see if you are 'worth it' before you even decide if you like their looks, or worse will insist you should just trust that they're hot (They never are).

you will get a lot of people who want to have sex and if you arent available that minute they will throw a fit and act like you're an awful human being for say, going to bed, or having to go to work. they will take it personally.

you will also get hundreds upon hundreds of messages from old people / ugly people. grindr extra is al ittle worth it just cuz you can block anyone and filter results easier.

as for tinder, you get a little less of that but you get problems in the opposite direction. Tinder guarantees you both liked each others first pic at the very least and you can just unlike them if the rest of their profile doesn't hold up after a match.

as a result though you dont get the chance to 'prove' your self to someone. on grindr you can convince someone that your worth their itme or they might change their mind eventually and cave or what have you. tinder doesn't have that.

it also doesn't have nearly as accurate a locatio nfeatures. mine is set for a five mile radius but i constantly end up 'matching' with people 30 miles away or all over the world, because if THEY swipe right on you they still show up in your feed.

people there also get bored because every day there is new matches so you can be quickly forgotten.
>>
I've gotten quite a few dates with tinder, and i never thought i was anything special. I went on a date with a literal 10/10 friday but blew it because i was so nervous. Now she isn't talking to me and i'm having a tough time bouncing back.

At this point i just want anyone to talk to me, but my tinder is dry. Seems like i get to meet a new qt once every 4 months, and after it goes south, i just get no bites for a long time.
>>
>>18528439
>>18528464
>>18528481
>>18528486
>>18528492
>>18528646
Thanks, dudes
I'm not an alpha muscled chad but not ugly either, like a 7/10, so I'll maybe give it a try.
I'm pretty conscious about Tinder not being for long term stuff, but that's the point, I think it'll take a bit more search to have a long-term relationship.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.