[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any legal anons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: LegalStuff.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
LegalStuff.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
Can we have an advice general for any anons who may have run slightly afoul of the law at some point in life?

I recently got something expunged, and a friend recommended I apply at a government agency with her. This isn't possible, even with expunction, is it? For the record, it was possession/paraphernalia, placed on a stet. Expunged only makes you clean with an asterisk, correct?

However it didn't stop me from joining the army, and not only has it been expunged, but it is retroactively "not illegal" so to speak, as my state has recently decriminalized carrying less than 10oz of pot.

I never see generals about legal stuff here, so if you're wondering about your own litigious things, ask about them here
>>
File: 412973d79952613209e916baaa1047c1.jpg (223KB, 904x1280px) Image search: [Google]
412973d79952613209e916baaa1047c1.jpg
223KB, 904x1280px
Bumpan - I'll just dial it back and ask if I can get a government job after having something expunged. Does anything show up?
>>
>>18526989
>Does anything show up?

It depends on what method they use for the background check. While your official criminal record may be sealed, if a simple Google search reports an old article about the crime you're going to be found out. 95% of the "job" a useless HR woman does is Googling names and reading Goybook posts.

You'll likely need to disclose for any government job, or anything with a proper security background check, but that's why there is that little line under the checkbox where you can write "minor charge, expunged."

If it was years ago, prior to military service (which gives major, major points for being able to follow orders...) and it wasn't a major felony, they literally do not give a shit unless you try to hide it. That includes even applying for security clearance. A minor drug charge means all of dick and shit, but lying about it is serious. It's not the crime, it's the coverup.
>>
>>18527398
So, even with the expunction, if I were to apply as a keyboard jockey at the nsa, just go ahead and say "yes, I did the stupid thing, but it was expunged?"
>>
>>18527706
Double so if you're going for a position with a security clearance, yes. Hide nothing. They know what you did already before they even ask anyway. It's a test of your honesty, not a judgement of your past.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.