[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the people interested in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3915.png (376KB, 931x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3915.png
376KB, 931x522px
My name is alonso, I'm 20 and I'm from Mexico and I have a YouTube channel of animation since 5 years ago.
I spend from 3 months, 6 months and reciently 3 years in making a single video for YouTube, I've reached just 209 suscribers in this 5 years. Meanwhile other people in internet just upload a video that took them rather less than me and instantly they get millions of views. Some people close to my say that I deserve more views or subscribers than most of the popular youtubers because my effort and my original content. Not just in YouTube but in internet in general, people just find important or funny, silly things or topics, memes or something like that, and they make them trendy, instead putting atention in people that really got talent and I'm not just talking about me, maybe there's people outside in the worldv that got more talent than me and they are not recognized, we just ask for an opportunity, I'm not making this YouTube thing for money or fame, if that were the case I would have just give up on my videos many years ago, like i said, i spended reciently 3 years in a video that only have more than 200 views, so it's not about get something in change but an opportunity and maybe a laugh from you. Unfortunately the videos are all in Spanish, if you know the language a little bit you may understand them. I'm not thinking in quit, in fact, I'm beginning another project that will take me several months, but I still want to know what should I do to reach more audience?, obviously not all the people will love my videos, Whether they like or not, their comments or opinions will help me to improve. Thank you for reading this, here is my channel if you want to see my work: www.youtube.com/sugarbraincda here is a picture of my digital artwork
>>
My channel> http://www.youtube.com/user/sugarbraincda
>>
>>18526464
Make it English most viewers in my opinion are the Americans that are probably young so seeing that your's is Spanish YouTube in what I'm seeing stays with its language that's why pewdiepie someone who's not from America gets such mainstream views
>>
>>18526464

its a LOT harder to grow a spanish speaking audience than an english speaking one. more people speak english around the world than any other language, its strange hwo you can go to the most uncivilized corners and stil lfind someone who knows english just from being on the internet, because thats where all the good resources are and they have to learn.

as for your animation, it looks like it could be funny enough, but the thing that makes youtube animation sell is the following three things
>outrageousness
>quality
>shareability

outrageousness isnt just in the script, its in the animation. look at a lot of the big animations and you'll notice that in every shot they look a lot different. its like in anime when something funny happens so the characters head becomes HUGE and other people become small, and the style changes from shot to shot to convey whats happening in an outrageous and funny way.

>quality

quality, either in art or story telling can REALLY change it all. if your movie had opened with that digital art pic of a sun rising and stars fading over the barn, and then revealed its self to be about a little girl on a farm who has no friends because no one else lives around her, so she befriends a ghost, and then the audience begins to realize that being alone on a farm with parents who don't listen is a parallel for being a ghost, you'd probably have SOME views. not an outrageously high number of views, but legit any decent quality artsy animated short has at least a couple thousand views, if not a hundred thousand. they aren't AS shareable as funny videos so dont often break a million unless they are exceptional, but they certainly pull their weight.

cont
>>
>>18527754

>shareability

what makes something popular is its ability to go viral, for everyone to share it. being in English helps this a lot because its a near universal language, I mean even on this board you are speaking english.. humor also helps because everyone likes good humor.

but the biggest thing that makes it shareable in animation is parody. if its parody of something like say 'harry poter' or 'pokemon' or anything really, it already has an audience, tons of people who like harry poter or pokemon will see it, and a number of them will subscribe and see your other works as well. look at all the big animators and MOST of them do a lot of parodies of existing movies, shows, cartoons, video games etc. because it brings people to their channel, then they start to do their own thing.
>>
>>18527755
Thanks a lot for your advices and your time to advice me, like I said I'm totally going to take this replies to improve and learn. I'll make a change.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.