[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>30 year old NEET college dropout with ZERO work-experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1459042644199.jpg (122KB, 1023x986px) Image search: [Google]
1459042644199.jpg
122KB, 1023x986px
>30 year old NEET college dropout with ZERO work-experience

How the fuck do I get a job and stop being a pathetic loser. I'm looking at temp jobs in my city and 90% require 1+ years of experience and/or a college degree, for a fucking TEMP job. 2 years experience to pack bags of frozen yogurt in a goddamn warehouse and MAYBE they'll let you become a permanent worker.

I don't feel entitled to a job but what the hell am I supposed to do to get my foot in the door, just write "Yeah I've never worked a day in my life but trust me I'll do a good job thnx" on my resume? at my age spending 5 years building a resume to have a chance of starting a career maybe is not really an option, and I can't even get a student-tier job because old af and oh yeah they want experience.

I basically need to net $200 a week to pay for rent and food and general household expenses and that seems like an unattainable goal
>>
File: firmhandshakeman.jpg (40KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakeman.jpg
40KB, 612x408px
>>18526244
"Glad you asked, Champ. And it's really as simple as showing up there, speaking with the manager, giving him a firm handshake, and telling him you want the job. That's all you need to do."
>>
File: 1493861420037.jpg (96KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
1493861420037.jpg
96KB, 720x707px
>>18526265

Thanks, dad.
>>
>>18526244
Sorry, dude. You've made some really shitty decisions. At this point, you've got McJobs. Not warehouse. Not factory. Probably not even Walmart. You have McDonalds and Burgerking, where you'll be working with high schoolers and hispanics. You'll be getting minimum wage, and working roughly 20 hours per week, which means you will need multiple jobs.

And quit whining about your situation. At one point, it was EXACTLY what you wanted.
>>
>>18526270
>You have McDonalds and Burgerking, where you'll be working with high schoolers and hispanics.

They're all automating

>And quit whining about your situation. At one point, it was EXACTLY what you wanted.

I felt like I was too old to get hired when I went to college at 23. I got turned down left and right because I didn't have any experience so I gave up to focus on school, then (pointlessly, evidently) fought suicidal depression until dropping out two years ago.

Didn't go to college until 23 because I was homeschooled and planned before birth that I would work in family business which then never materialized.

Not to make excuses, I certainly fucked up plenty, but I'm still trying the whole "not killing myself" thing which is why I'm even trying to find a job at all. Also I heard they transfer your student debt to next of kin so I would actually be more of a burden dead than alive
>>
>>18526279
Debt will only be transferred if you cosigned. Regardless, if you can't afford to live on your own, then you don't. You can tell your parents the reason why is that you can't get employed full time due to never having a job before.

Really, though, you're fucked. Most people your age either have over a decade of work experience, a degree plus several years of experience, or are Journeymen/Master skilled tradesmen.

If you're really desperate, sign up for the military. They'll whip you into shape, give you training for a job that you can do once you are out (like being a mechanic or something), and give you food and shelter for free.
>>
>>18526286
>If you're really desperate, sign up for the military. They'll whip you into shape, give you training for a job that you can do once you are out (like being a mechanic or something), and give you food and shelter for free.

That's about the only thing I can think of too
>>
>>18526292
Then why are you avoiding it? Just remember: Marines sleep in the mud, Army sleeps in a tent, Navy sleeps on a ship, Air Force sleeps in a hotel.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.