[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/ should I go to the University of Wyoming? I have good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: UWSig_brown.png (171KB, 2332x675px) Image search: [Google]
UWSig_brown.png
171KB, 2332x675px
So /adv/ should I go to the University of Wyoming?

I have good test scores and a good enough gpa to get into much better schools for my preferred major (comp sci/engineering) but I visited and really liked the campus.

Anyone who regretted their college decision, why did you?
>>
>>18525136

They have a website where you can ask questions:

http://www.uwyo.edu/aces/academic-advising/index.html
>>
>>18525136
Once you get past a certain minimum threshold (which is pretty fucking low - talking obvious degree mills here), it doesn't matter where you go as far as the actual quality of the education is concerned. I'm not saying there's literally no difference but especially in an age when there's so much material available online, the difference between a mid-tier and top-tier school is largely academic (haha). Ivy League-educated programmers are not vastly more competent than their peers who went to state schools, they just aren't. You can easily get access to the *exact* same materials they're using, the same material their professors are teaching from. Your lectures won't be delivered by the same person, but that's about it.

Some people (often people with an agenda) will tell you differently, but there are honestly way worse things than picking a school because you like the campus and social life.

The questions you need to ask yourself are,

1. Will a degree from one of the other universities be *significantly* more marketable? It's stupid, but you really can get hired because you went to a school with a good "brand." It is not the end-all-be-all, though.
2. Cost/availability of scholarships - you really, really want to avoid going into debt. If you/your family has enough money to avoid student loans, then you need to think about what's more valuable, the extra boost to marketability that a degree from a "better" school will get you, or having a couple extra tens of thousands of dollars saved or invested in the here and now.

Obviously those are questions I can't answer myself. They're dependent on your situation and the schools themselves. But those are the kinds of things you need to think about.
>>
>>18525136
This is going to sound trite, but as long as you aren't going to some University of Phoenix-tier diploma mill or a shitty community college (maybe not even that), then it honestly doesn't matter much where you go. What really matters is what you make of where you are; join clubs, meet people, make connections and grow more experienced and cultured. Also state schools are often way cheaper for not that much of a difference in education.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.