[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with vocal excersises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1478967685426.jpg (432KB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
1478967685426.jpg
432KB, 3504x2336px
I recently started making music, like yesterday, and I have noticed that I don't really have the right voice. What I mean is I feel like I have no control over my own voice and I can't do kind of a low soft voice that I wish I could. I'm trying to go to a much softer tone where it's almost like whispering but no so much. My British accent stops me from reaching this tone, and I feel that just learning how to control my voice will help with the issue. I posted my first song on SoundCloud, and I won't post it here because I am too self-conscious about it but if you really want to hear it then just request.

If you wanna hear my voice here it is: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0WIgUevIGUl

If there are any exercises for making my voice more suitable to what type of music I'm trying to make, then please help.

Thanks in advance.

I went on /mu/ but got no replies
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 216x204px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 216x204px
Your voice could be used in Damon albarnetype songs.
>>
>>18524542
I've seen tons of tutorials on YouTube
>>
>>18524572
Is that a compliment, who is Damon albarnet and what do you mean by this?

>>18524579
Like? Also, what do you think about my voice.

Please no bully
>>
>>18524584
I meant albarn he is the lead singer of the Gorillaz, so it is a compliment.
>>
>>18524599
Nice. so eh, what do you think about my voice?
>>
>>18524584
>>18524602
That one dude just told you what he thought, stop being so thirsty for compliments.
>>
>>18524602
It's soft
>>
>>18524620
Ok, listen to this: https://soundcloud.com/all-black-597181279/voicemail

It's the first song I have ever made and I want you to tell me if it suits the type of music I'm trying to make.

>>18524611
I guess so but I just hate the sound of my own voice and just need encouragement to keep on going. Also could you review this and tell me if it suits the type of music I'm trying to make?

https://soundcloud.com/all-black-597181279/voicemail
>>
>>18524629
>Posts his voice
>I hate my voice!!
Stop this, it's so annoying. I'm not going to listen to this, because you just told me it isn't good in your own comment. If you're gonna put your work out there, learn how to project confidence that it's worth listening to, even if you doubt it in your own mind. Salesmanship is 95% of the game here.

You're not doing yourself any favors with the endless self-deprecation. It won't make the haters like you just because you're agreeing with them, and it sure as shit won't attract fans.
>>
>>18524638
I'm not trying to attract fans. To be honest, I'm trying to seek validation. Just a simple "it's ok" would be enough to push me and motivate me to go further and improve.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a fag who's trying to get people to like his stuff like a girl who posts a pic on facebook saying "I'm so ugly" just to get likes and comments but all I want is just something so I know I'm not wasting my time even thinking about pursuing music.

I'll leave.
>>
>>18524657
If you're serious about this, that drive for improvement has to come from within you, because you really WANT to get good at this. If you're in it for validation you're not gonna make it. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's the best advice I can give you. I'm not gonna tell you it's OK. If YOU don't think it's good enough yet, sit down and make something better. And then make something better than that song, and then an even better one, etc etc.
>>
>>18524672
Thanks, anon it wasn't harsh it was the truth. But basically, I just didn't want to embarrass myself like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ZXCvRj3Q0

But thanks, I guess I'll try and make that my goal.
>>
>>18524542
>Whatever mic you're using is really fucking bad
>You're talking, not singing unless that's how you always want to do your music I can't critique
>As far as a talking voice it's fine, you don't sound very confident and I can hear random noises you're doing with your mouth and shit
>>
>>18524706
>Whatever mic you're using is really fucking bad
Oh, no it's a good mic that I just bought. For some reason, in this particular vocaroo, it just came out wrong.

Hope this recording comes out better: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1XlwgaBaIDT

>You're talking, not singing unless that's how you always want to do your music I can't critique
Fair enough. Listen to this: https://soundcloud.com/all-black-597181279/voicemail

I know it's terrible, but it's the first song I have ever made, and I want your opinion on it since you seem like you know something.

>I can hear random noises you're doing with your mouth and shit
Yeah, this new mic I have pics up every little thing I do with my mouth. I always have to swallow all of my spit before recording unless you start hearing those things.
>>
>>18524745
What mic are you using? Are you using a DAW to record? Digital interface? What about effects, gain, etc

I listened to it before, you're still talking not singing. You're not bad for random dude with a guitar level but you're most definitely not close to a professional level.

It's a condenser mic yes? Your input levels are too high, when you're hitting the louder parts it's causing it to clip your mic and hence you get that weird distorted thing.

I'm being harsh because I work with this professionally, I'm not saying you're bad I'm saying you're incredibly uneducated about recording music and from what I can tell music in general.
>>
There is a technique, were before you sing become aware of all you hear and all the physical sensations you feel, it might help. Also were you put your voice, where does the sound or where do you want the sound to come from. And yup the truth is practice 10% inspiration 90% perspiration.
>>
>>18524542
Most professionals sound goddamn awful without post-production cleanup. Pirate a copy of Autotune and make friends with some Jewish record producer. You'll go farther than actually having talent.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.