[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I wanna get a job in radiology and nuclear medicine but I don't really know anything about it. I have looked up several positions like being a technologist and stuff but all the experience I have had working tells me to never trust the job description that people give about the job. I also hear that the job market is really shit and I don't want to end up in that jobless post-college crisis that a lot of people suffer from. I'm just hoping that people with experience can give me some real information about the job like what's it really like working those kind of jobs, what are some good positions that are available, which jobs are better and why?
>>
Find a position as a tech assistant. That's what I did before I got my EMT and moved to the ER as a ED Tech. Tech assistants generally just grab patients and put them on the table and what not. X-ray techs are what you want to go to school for then you can cross train into catscan/specials. Or do Nuclear Medicine technician. But I don't know anything about Nuc Med.
>>
>>18522952
Thanks for the help, how much does being a tech assistant pay? Secondly, how was it working in ER, I get easily squeamish at that kind of shit so I don't know if I'll be able to stomach that work for long. Also I did look into being a nuclear medicine technician and it seemed decent, paid a decent amount as well. Lastly, what do you mean by cross train?
>>
>>18522961

I was making about 13 bucks PRN as a assistant. Actual techs make about 20-30 dollars an hour starting here in Florida. ER work is fun. I work in a trauma center so I see a lot of awesome/sick things. Tons of good experience. But it's a downtown trauma center so I also see druggies, alcoholics, and scum of the earth which angers me.
>>
>>18522964
I see, was getting all the materials and experience needed difficult for the job? Or do you just need a license and certification? Also what's the most fucked thing you've seen working there, as mentioned before I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to live gore and blood. Somehow I'm able to barely able to stomach when behind a screen, I imagine that the all of these feelings should disppear when I gain some experience under my belt.
>>
>>18522975
For assistant? Just need to finish high school.
As for ER? EMT-B minimum to be a ER Technician. For most fucked up thing i've seen? Varies from a dude in a MVC that was all crushed up limb wise. To a homeless dude who was septic from huffing paint in the woods for two weeks straight. Maggots were slowly eating his body.
>>
>>18522978
Jesus christ, that's fucked up. Anyway the work doesn't seem so bad other than the blood and the gore but thanks for the advice anyway Anon. Also is there any advice you can give me about pursuing a career in nuclear medicine?
>>
>>18522984

I honestly don't know much about Nuclear Med other than its radioactive and it's all females at my hospital. I believe it's a totally different schooling from x-ray. It has it's own schools.
>>
>>18522991
Okay, thanks for the help.
>>
>>18522996

Anytime, m8.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.