[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I tell if I have PTSD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3277.png (114KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3277.png
114KB, 300x300px
My dad passed away a month ago and I miss him dearly. He died of natural causes and it was decently peaceful. I just cannot shake the sounds and sights of that night. I get reoccurring intrusive images of the situation. I find it very difficult to be alone in silence now, because I get auditory hallucinations of my moms blood curdling screams, sometimes they sound so real I would go to her room and check on her to see that she was okay in the middle of the night. This is very distressing to me and I can't tell if it's just a typical symptom of grief or if it's something more and I should seek help. Sorry for how poorly written this was, I have barely had any sleep lately.
>>
>>18522851
Idk about PTSD, that just sounds like plain mental trauma and you should probably seek help asap.
>>
>>18522851
Someone close to me has PTSD for most of his life now (due to abuse, witnessing murder, being in a war zone as a child etc.)

For him, he gets images of those traumatic events in his head when something triggers it, he's prone to bouts of anger and hurts himself and others as a result. He gets nightmares and has insomnia, and has an eating disorder and can't eat. Also suffers from panic attacks, low self-esteem, feelings of guilt.

It could be possible in your case, but how long ago did this happen? If it was very recent then it could be a normal reaction to what you witnessed. If it's already been over a month and you feel the symptoms you described and still feel them strongly, it could be PTSD.

If it continues I will advise you to seek help for it. Living with mental trauma is very difficult and in my opinion should not be left untreated
>>
You get clinically diagnosed. Goodness knows there's enough people on the internet with self-diagnosed PTSD.
>>
>>18523224
I was curious if my issue was any concern or if it was just how people normally process grief. Goodness knows there's plenty of people who don't read OP's post on the Internet.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.