[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinning hair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

>tl;dr: Hair is beginning to thin. What can I do in order to stop, prevent or reverse the effects if anything?

My hair looks like it's starting to thin. I had thin hair to begin with, but now there's certain spots where it looks especially thin. Not full on bald by any means, but just in the early phases of thinning. I'm 24. I take showers daily, usually only using conditioner. I shampoo maybe once every week or two depending on how dirty it feels. Showers are usually cool water.

I used to use moose almost daily for maybe 6 months. I occasionally use dry hair wax for styling, but not obsessive amounts. I've dyed my hair dark brown a few times in the past. My hair naturally a dark, dirty blonde color.

I don't think I've had the worst treatment to my hair, but I've definitely done some things that aren't great for it on top of doing nothing to enrich or promote hair health.

My question is is there anything I can do to prevent this or stimulate hair growth or should I accept my fate? My dad and grandfather both have thin hair, but their onset was much later (not until they were in their 50s).

I know treatments like rogaine or hairplugs exist but they're expensive and I don't have that sort of money right now.

Pls advise
>>
>>18522752
Invest all of your resources and all of your family's money into extreme penal enlargement. Force the focus to your penis instead of your bald head.

If, with all the technology we have, your penis is not epic enough to distract from your dorky, 90 year old janitor, hairline, have the entire of your head transplanted with ball sack skin from your huge balls.

You CAN do this!
>>
>>18522752
There's a pill your doctor can prescribe. Dunno what it's called, but my old room mate started taking it. If I remember right, one of the side effects is it killing your sex drive, though.
>>
>>18522802
I'd like to avoid to medication route if possible. I know natural remedies are probably shit and entirely dependent on the individual, but I'm just not fond of paying money for a prescription for hair loss.
>>
>>18522817
You can get Rogaine (or generic from Costco) if you'd rather avoid pills. The pill is called Finasteride, by the way. Both of those options can only slow down hair loss. Hair transplants are the only thing that will "cure" it. Sorry bro welcome to life.
>>
>>18522817
Ok, so you know that natural remedies are shit, and you aren't willing to go the pill route. What, exactly, were you hoping for?
>>
Costco has this thing called rogaine, that helps grow hair. Also fish oil supposed to help with hair
>>
>>18522856
I know that remedies are shit for MOST people but they have benefits for some. I'm pretty sure I fall into the former category, but it wouldn't hurt to try before you going with medication.

>>18522908
I supplement fish oil. I do it kind of sparingly. Maybe I'll start taking it more often
>>
Invest in baseball caps.
>>
>>18522752

prepare to hit the gym or just accept that you will never get laid again
>>
>>18522752
>>18522782
It's the only solution, OP.
>>
File: confidence.png (208KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
confidence.png
208KB, 450x325px
>>18522752
Ive seen this before, you jsut noticed your lsoing your hair but are so afraid of medicine you want to use natural remedies. guess fucking wat? you are going to be fully bald and have to shave your head. right now you will cast of finasteride, minoxodil whatever but when you are norwood 4 you will be doing fucking anything to maintain what you have left and be terrifieid of going out in public. either give up and buzz it and accept you look aq couple points of attractiveness worse or start getting on medication cause nothing else will work

biotin wont save your hair, fish oil wont, massaging wont stop fuckign coping and do what needs to be done.
>>
>>18522752
Rogaine and finasteride, those are the only options besides hair transplant.
Just get generic finasteride, way cheaper than other well known brands. Don't worry too much about side effects either, if you're worried just cut the pill in half, or even 1/4, and try it out for a while, if you actually do experience side effects then just quit and stick to rogaine.
You can take b-vitamins supplements too, it will NOT stop the balding but will help your hair to stay healthy and possibly look "thicker".
Good luck, OP.
>>
>>18522752
take biotin and folic acid
>>
>>18523950
should i go into a derm to get it prescribed, or just order it online?
>>
See a doctor before you take any medication. Or at least get opinions other than your own. It's natural for many men to have some hair thinning throughout their 20's - you might just be noticing something that's completely normal. It might not even be visible to other people, anyway. I'm 24 also and my hairline is definitely a small amount higher than when I was, say, 18, but so is everyone else's.

If you start taking something and it permanently damages your sex drive or anything else, you'll probably wish you'd just gone bald. Finasteride can have permanent side effects - and to be blunt, you're going to lose your hair eventually as you age anyway, so why fuck up your body with pills.
>>
File: hair 019.jpg (841KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
hair 019.jpg
841KB, 1080x1920px
>>18524586
>and to be blunt, you're going to lose your hair eventually as you age anyway, so why fuck up your body with pills
These are my sentiments exactly. I'm always wearing of taking any pills since there are always some sort of side effects that come along with medication. Even if it's not immediate, there's potential for you to have effects down the road.

Pic related is my hair. It's super thin on the sides. The camera couldn't pick up the thin spots on top of my hair, but it's not quite as bad.
>>
>>18522782
le upboated!
>>
>>18523547
this nigga knows.
>>
>>18524799
that's probably not mpb but you need to consider the future like other Anon said where it's going into high gear and you'll be scrambling to save it. longer you wait to do anytime about the underlying hormonal damage, the more scaring your follicles will sustain = less potential to restore density.
>>
>>18522752

There is a cure for baldness that is almost always effective. It involves the surgical removal of your testicles. There will be minor side effects like reduced libido, breast enlargement and less facial hair.
>>
I've tried rogaine, finasteride and dutasteride.
Out of these 3, only dutasteride helped in a significative way. Fin and rogaine, I couldn't tell a difference. I guess it's because rogaine doesn't really solve the underlying issue (DHT killing DHT_sensitive follicles) and finasteride just doesn't hinder DHT production enough.

I have not felt any sexual side effects using finasteride, dutasteride or rogaine. However, that may be because I'm 19. Studies show that sexual side effects are minimal and usually happen in people who are already at high risk.
>>
When it comes to male pattern baldness, there's not much you can do to stop the thinning/balding process. Your most effective option to preserve what you have and possibly experience regrowth is finasteride. Just get a prescription for a generic or proscar(5mg) and split it into 4 pills. Minoxidil (Rogaine) is fairly cheap if you buy the generic versions. I use the kirkland's one. Look into them because there's potential side effects, although I haven't experienced any. I've been on both minox and fin for 6 months and already seeing some regrowth.
>>
>>18526077
Appreciate the advice. I have an annual check up with my doctor soon. I'll have him inspect my hair and see his thoughts on it and go from there.

Like another anon said, most of the side effects are for people who are already at high risk so we'll see. I've never had any bad reactions to any medication I've ever taken in the past so who knows how susceptible I may be.

It's just jarring to have hair issues when I'm so young. I know some people have it much worse than me. Hell, one of my coworkers is completely bald on the top of his head and he's only a couple of years older than I am so I guess I should be grateful for what I have.
>>
>>18526116
If you do experience any sides, just discontinue the drug and they will most likely subside. I'm 23 and also feel like my youth is being robbed from me, man. Don't let anyone bring you down if they tell you to own it and be a man by shaving it. Everyone copes differently and their hair is a large part of their identity. Going bald is an option now with these treatments.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.