[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>eating disorder for 8 years
>gets worse and worse every fucking day
>lost my love due to my disorder
>lost everything to my disorder
>want to die
>hurting everyone who loves me
>finally feeling as if I've had enough of this shit
>want to admit myself into hospital
>don't trust myself to "recover" without inpatient treatment
>live alone, have a cat, work full time, no outside financial support
>financially behind. Barely making rent each month
>terrified of losing house, job
>terrified of myself
>terrified of gaining weight
>just fucking terrified

I don't know what steps to take but I need help. I need it so badly. I'm so scared.
What do?
>>
You need to get help, because these things are literally impossible to beat on your own.
>>
>>18522685
How do I go about it strategically so I don't lose my house? Who will take care of my cat? What do I tell my employer?
I'm so worried about anything and everything that could happen while I'm getting treatment.
>>
>>18522681
The highest recovery rates for those with eating disorders are those who get involved with cognitive behavioral therapy. It doesn't require hospitalization. Just find a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. You won't have to miss work or find a cat-sitter. But you must be ready to reshape the way you think. You will have help with the process.
>>
>>18522718
I do go to therapy; and I have a cas manager who hasn't called me back in a week but we were supposed to set up a consultation with a center for eating disorders.
The main problem: I do not have a car and have no transportation so intensive outpatient treatment is out of the question and I'm afraid I'll lie my way out of it as I know how to trick others into thinking I'm eating, gaining weight, etc.
I desperately need someone to keep an eye on me or I know I will resist treatment. I don't trust myself at all anymore. Not even a little.
>>
>>18522739
It is worthwhile that you can evaluate your motivation in that way. The ability to evaluate is essential when you need to figure out a good path. There are means to get through this uncertain time, but you have to figure them out. Your case worker will likely be a good source for information. You say that he or she did not call you when you expected, so it is time for you to make the call back. Social services workers often get overloaded with cases, and it is unfortunate when a ball gets dropped, but don't take it personally. Just pick up where you left off with them in faith that you will get to a healthy place.
>>
>>18522685
Not if you have sheer willpower.
>>
>>18522819
I hope I am able to get ride of this thing someday because even after everything I've said and everything others have said I still want to starve myself to death.
I'm so sick man.
>>
>>18523425
See that's what I thought and I have tried over and over to just give up the disorder and stop doing this >>18523431
to myself. Always goes well for a couple months until I see I've gained weight and end up in a worse place than when I started.
>>
>>18523444
I'm not even sure how I ended up doing this but I fucked up
How weird. Pretend I didn't fuck up please. What the hell
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.