[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dignity or self satisfaction in relationship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

My boyfriend recently broke up with me after a long term relationship.We broke up because of a stupid argument and my boyfriend decided that he didn't want to fix the problem and he'd rather just break up.
We're still in touch and occasionally go out together (I know that's bad for getting over someone). We really enjoy going out together now that we've given it some time and it has sort of given me some hope that we might be able to start a new relationship, although when I bring it up he says he doesn't want to make any decisions and he needs time.
I really like him and we have very similar interests so I am happy to put the effort in and give him time but at the same time, I don't want to put in the effort just to be heartbroken if he decides that he doesn't want to try for an emotional relationship again.
So /adv/, is it better to have dignity and walk away but also be miserable and alone, or to satisfy my immediate emotional needs by continuing to go out with him and try again?
>>
>>18522201
He broke up with you over something stupid and didn't care enough to actually work it out. That's the type of person you want to be in a relationship with? He sounds like a kid. The easy feel good choice would be to get with him. Because you don't have to put any effort in it. But you reap what you sow. The foundation isn't solid. But if you stop pursuing him and be miserable for alittle while. You can find someone better. That will actually deal with problems instead of running from them. He sounds like he's afraid of commitment. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses your then drops you. But strings you along with the idea of being in a relationship again, don't waste you time.
>>
File: IMG_4246.jpg (65KB, 750x542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4246.jpg
65KB, 750x542px
That image doesn't have a nose no advice for u
>>
why you no make more trad women generals? (assuming you're the same person based on the pic)

what was the stupid argument? I can't really give advice without knowing context here. if it's truly something stupid, or if it was a stupid argument about something worth arguing about, or if it was a real issue that you felt was stupid.
>>
>>18522201
You don't need to be in a relationship to just hang out with him, do you? Why not stay friends?
>>
Quit trying to hard to be in a relationship and enjoy the (clearly stable and healthy) friendship you have together. Hell you could be living together and porking every night and still be friends for christ sake.
>>
>>18522360
The argument started after we went to a party in a bar together. Halfway through the evening he left with a group of other people even after I told him that I didn't want him to. I felt like he had just abandoned me at the party.
>>
>>18523046
legitimate thing to have a problem with. and as he's shown that he doesn't care about the problem or want to fix things, why do you want someone like that?
>>
>>18523046
Wrong guy for you OP. It will get worse.
>>
>>18522253
Frogs don't have noses
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.