[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online bachelor's degrees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1495984199367.jpg (79KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495984199367.jpg
79KB, 1080x1080px
I'm a really busy guy and want to keep busy, I intend to pursue a bachelor's in computer science but I just can't figure out the online degree maze. I enrolled earlier today at Colorado Technical University but I'm not entirely comfortable with it, as there's a lot of really bad reviews from former students and the classes are only 5 weeks long (who the heck can learn something in 5 weeks and retain it?)

They don't post any placement rates and the graduation rate is 20% in my program (bachelor of science in comp science, focus in software engineering). Its also owned by this CEC group which had a ton of college closures, legal issues, and it just seems like everything terrible I imagined about the phrase "for-profit college" (which it is)

I really want to get started in college very soon, I have tons of time on my hands afterwork and want to get going, can anyone here give me any advice? Thanks.
>>
>>18521633
Don't go to a for-profit school, you are not going to get a good education. Go to a community college (night classes, if you're so busy), then transfer into an online program at a real university.
>>
>>18521638
What if my community college doesn't have any night classes available? I live in Alaska, its pretty shit.

Why do you say the quality of education is lower?
>>
>>18521644
Ah, that becomes more difficult then. This might be your best option if you can't get into a non-profit institution. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable comes along and can offer better advice for your situation.

I say the quality of education is lower because it is. These kind of schools are designed to extract money from people who are desperate for higher education. You can already see this, a 20% graduation rate, bad reviews, and legal issues are not a good sign. Look up other people's experiences if you don't believe me.

What I would do is double check that there's no way of making local classes work. If there really isn't, call the admissions people at some non-profit schools with online programs and explain your situation. As a last resort if both of those don't work, continue with your current program.
>>
>>18521665
You are right. I was rushing into things and I shouldn't have. I'm going to cancel this whole deal right now and do a lot more looking into my local community university first. I don't want an education that employers are going to roll their eyes at.

Its too bad I already did the fafsa and everything. Any advice on how to totally cancel this? Shouldn't a simple "no" be sufficient?
>>
>>18521681
Sorry, I have no idea. Depends on what kind of contracts you've agreed to when enrolling.
>>
>>18521704
Thanks, I sent them an email saying I've changed my mind, I should see a response tomorrow or monday
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.