[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choosing my career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hello 4channers I have come for advice :)))

I'm having trouble picking whether I want to pursue a career in politics or psychology. I have good grades and I'm in a private school so I can afford to get into a proper school. I like both equally, but I don't know how to choose. I don't need your advice on what to choose (even though I wouldn't mind such a discussion), rather, I need help on HOW to make a choice. What do I research? How do I find out for certain which one do I want?

>Pic unrelated
>Also worth mentioning, I'm not a communist. I do have political beliefs but I still haven't found the perfect ideology for me. I just like politics in general.
>Also worth mentioning, I don't plan to study in the US, therefor I won't be taking one of those years where I can determine which course I want to choose.
>>
>>18521418
If you're resourceful and good at taking initiative, you could do a degree in international relations. A buddy of mine is going to science po in France. Moreso in the case of international relations, its about how you use your knowledge, the degree might only help you get started.

With psychology you'll almost certainly have to do a masters to get any decent job.

You probably already know, but be aware of the incredibly lucky position you're in (of having somebody pay for your education). Make good use of it :)
>>
>>18521442
I am very thankful, but the way I got to my grades was no luck, honestly.
Regardless.. I really don't understand how all this PHD, major, double-major etc. bullshit works, so are you saying that I'll have to spend more time in education with psych than politics?
>>
>>18521418
It is very easy young one.

Open google and search for open positions. Then read requirements.

Count how many jobs you will find with anything as
>politics degree
>psychology

And then decide it isnt worth it and find something which will actually land you a job. Good luck!

Also use glassdoor to see how your future paycheck will look like.
>>
>>18521463
Thanks anon
>>
Are you in the US? Have you started uni?
>>
>>18521531
Nope. Nor am I going to the US.
I plan to either study in the UK(or any other English-speaking place but the US), Russia(since I speak a Slavic language- I can learn Russian easily), or China(since I speak Chinese).
>>
>>18521536
Ok, I think that each of those school systems are very different from one another. In the US, you don't really have to choose a major (i.e. what your degree is specialized in) until you've been in college for a couple years, so you can just take a variety of classes and see what interests you and what you're good at.

But I don't know how it works in any of those countries' systems...
>>
>>18521564
Yeah I know how it works in the US... I just really don't want to study in the US. And I especially don't want to go through studying for the SAT or ACT...
>>
>>18521570
Well of course you don't have to study in the US. I'm just saying you need to figure out how each of those prospective countries' university systems work before you set about your OP question.

(Though for the record, the SAT is VERY easy. If you got a half decent education up to this point, I'm sure you'd barely need to study. Just fyi.)
>>
>>18521642
It's easy for Americans.
>>
If you like to lie, cheat, and are pretty much a sociopath then go for politics. If your the opposite then go for psychology
>>
>>18521645
What, because of the language barrier? I can tell from your posts that you can write English better than 75% of US high school graduates.

Again, not trying to shill for US schools here or something lol. Just don't let the SAT scare you off.
>>
>>18521659
LMAOOOO... yeah so I'm a sociopath, which got me into psychology after I researched my disorder, but then I got more and more into politics after studying dictators...
>>18521667
I speak English perfectly. As a matter of fact, I have the best English (language and literature) score in my grade. But, I just don't want to go to America because of political reasons. I'm not anti-American, I just don't want to live there. Mostly because of the overwhelming number of liberals, and waves where delusions regarding genders, one's sexuality, and political-correctness are getting accepted, and are becoming the norm by the day.
>>
>>18521687
>implying that's better in the uk

America is actually much more conservative than most of Europe outside of NYC and LA. Hell I've browsed /pol/ since like 2012 and enjoy NYC anyway. But whatever, Russia would probably be cool as hell.
>>
>>18521755
Shit, you're right. I don't know why I always forget that the UK is just as bad, or most likely worse, than the US when it comes to leftism... Australia is the place to be.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.