/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'ma 24 year old man who goes to community college currently.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
I'ma 24 year old man who goes to community college currently. I work a part time job as a cashier and only make about 12k a year. I've been at the job for 4 years now. Mostly treading water because of depression/ anxiety. I'd like to change to something else, but not sure what since I don't want to go into retail again or fast food.

Anyway, enough set up. On to the topic title. I decided last year in January that I wanted my own mode of transportation so that I could have some independence and freedom in my life. However I feel like looking back on it now that I rushed into things too quickly without doing enough research. I currently make a car payment of 318 every month for a 2012 used Honda Civic. The main issue I've run into recently is that while I can save some money back for school/a social life it's not a lot and not at a very fast pace. I could cut back on going out entirely and only go out when I need to, but I feel that cutting back too much on social outings will have a negative effect on my mental health.

Right now I currently have two ideas, but I don't even really know how they work desu. One is to sell the car, but is that even possible if I haven't finished payments yet? How would that work? The other idea is to refinance the car payments so that they become cheaper. I also have no idea how this would work. Would I want to go to my own personal bank to do this?

Again the main reasoning behind these ideas is that I wish to save more money to use for school. I didn't qualify for financial aid for a while because I messed up my GPA, but I'm staring to get it back on track this past two semesters so I might qualify for some this coming semester.

Um, I'm sorry if this is very long or all over the place. If you need any more details then please let me know and I'll tell you
>>
>>18521215

You could definitely sell your car. The easiest way would to go to a CarMax, tell them you'd like to trade in your 2012 civic for a 2006 civic. They'll do all the shit
>>
>>18522161
I don't know a ton about cars, but would that be a decent trade off?
>>
>>18522188

Your car will be worth more, so you'll get money back from the trade in. But yeah as long as it's in good condition, Honda Civics are built to last. I have a 2006 Civic with 135,000 miles on it. I'm sure I'll easily get 250,000 out of it.
>>
If LPG was still on /o/ I'd tell you to visit one of his threads. You should probably still go ask this on /o/ because there are still a handful of dealers that post semi-frequently.

>>18522161
Carmax is the Gamestop of car dealers, don't ever go there.
Your best bet to get rid of the car payment is to trade it straight across for something less valuable at the private level and have the new owner take over the payments. I can't explain all the details as it probably varies by state but you'll effectively get a free car. This is something you should actually talk to a car salesman about in person to get all the specifics hammered out. alternatively you can do the same thing at a reputable used car lot (no BHPH shit) but you may not get as much value out of your current car.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.