[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are short men so insecure? I am a 5'11 girl and there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5028.jpg (67KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5028.jpg
67KB, 1280x600px
Why are short men so insecure?

I am a 5'11 girl and there is this 5'8 that I'm crushing on but I can see he's very uncomfortable around me.
What can I do?
>>
Tell him he's going to have tall kids
>>
Maybe he has a crush on you, but has reasons not to act on that. There can be a million reasons, you better broaden that description of the situation.
>>
Guys are told that being short is unattractive. Or maybe he thinks you're post op or something. Mention using tampons or some shit once to fix that.
>>
I'm 6'2, I have a younger brother that is 5'8. He don't want a manly chick was his reply. idk
>>
>>18521079
Go after a confident man who doesn't care about his height. Hell, I even met a midget who has a hot looking girlfriend and he was a pretty cool dude. Any person who dwell on their insecurities and complain about it a lot can be draining.
>>
>>18521148
He adds: ''it makes me uncomfortable''.
>>
Why are you so sure it's because of the height? There are plenty of reasons why he could be uncomfortable around you. Also most men prefer women shorter than themselves. Just saying.
>>
>>18521079
>Meet tall girl
>she was pretty, but she smelled really bad
Why do tall girls smell so bad?
>>
>>18521126
He's really cool and funny, but when we're both standing he looks uncomfortable if we're close to each other.

One day we went out as a group and I hugged him from behind and rested my head on his (I was wearing heels) and he looked mortified.
>>
Tell him to stop browsing 4chan, honestly.
>>
>>18521079
Short men are defective and not genetically desirable. You probably aren't either since you find short men attractive, so he's reticent.
>>
>>18521169
This.
>>
>>18521372
It makes him look like a child
It might be cute for you but it's degrading for him
>>
>>18521372
>One day we went out as a group and I hugged him from behind and rested my head on his
Kind of different from just him not being cool with you being different. Think of it like being the big/little spoon with you being the big one, the little spoon is in a more vulnerable position and men generally avoid that for various reasons such as gender roles and just natural preference.
>>
>>18521079
You ma'am, are a rarity
>>
>>18521079
Because the vast majority of women will never even consider dating a man 3 inches shorter than her. Men get rejected a ton even without the height difference.
Have you tried making a move? Don't just expect guys to do all the work, wanting to stick with that sexist shit is why so many women end up alone
>>
As a 6'2" guy, I have a thing for taller girls, but a lot of them also tend to have shitty proportions, so I just go for average sized ones anyway.
>>
Take the initiative and ask him out.
It's >current year.
>>
OP you have to break the ice because he wont EVER do it. I'm also a short guy and i gave up on women because i know women dont care about men not tall/big enough. He is uncomfortable and insecure about it because he is objectively a failure.
>>
>>18521372
>tfw no tall girl to hug you from behind and rest her head on yours
>>
>>18521524
I do that to people I like all the time. Why would he think I'm doing it to humiliate him?
>>
>>18521079
>Why are fat girls so insecure
>>
Jesus fucking Christ this thread proves once again how fucking fragile and insecure men are.

OP, as a fellow tall girl I would advise you to forget the guy. I have tried it and gotten into a relationship with a guy that was a bit shorter than me and I wouldn't have given it a single thought if it weren't for his constant reminders. He was basically obsessed with his own height, that was so incredibly sad. So OP I'd see if the nervousness really stems from that and not just your usual awkwardness you have when crushing over someone.
>>
Fat girls and short men are human trash desu.
>>
Things like this thread are the reason, OP

Anyway, you need to consider the possibility that it also might be in your head as much as it is in his. Are you sure you aren't reading into it too much? Maybe it bothers you and you project more than it really is.

Just ask him out and see how he reacts. Unless you are obvious, most guys regardless of height, won't notice. That's a simple answer to a simple problem that you both seem to be making into a big deal. If you really like him, show it.

Maybe it might feel awkward at first. But you should both get over it quickly.
>>
I am 6'5 and I've looked everywhere for a girl over 6'. they're impossible to find

tfw no 6'+ tall gf
feels bad man
>>
>>18522366
It's just rubbing it in for him
Being short is hard enough as is, then having a girl treat you like a child infront of everyone is just rubbing salt in the wound
>>
>>18521854
You're an exception, an outlier. Stop thinking you speak for anyone but yourself, bitter failure.
>>
I'm 5'6" and dated a 5'11" girl. Why do you think it's him and not you?
>>
>>18521079
>I am a 5'11 girl
It's worth considering he's not really short and you're just really tall. You're actually taller than the average man and a lot taller than the average woman.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mp163bO5LR1qz4rgp.jpg (117KB, 470x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mp163bO5LR1qz4rgp.jpg
117KB, 470x750px
>Why are short men so insecure

5'6 guy here. I grew up not even knowing height was an issue until I was about 17 or 18. That's when I started going on twitter / random normie forums and seeing all the nasty stuff women would write about short men. The internet really fucked my head up. I hadn't noticed anyone discriminating against me in real life so I never even thought about my height, but online it seemed like short men were the most hated thing on the planet.

I started to get really paranoid around women. Every time I saw a woman I would think she was judging me for my height. The first date I ever went on with a woman, she asked me how tall I was, and I remembered that the entire time we were dating and ended up breaking it off partly because of it.

I'm 20 now and I feel like I've gotten over it at this point, mainly because I don't care as much what people think nowadays.

So basically the reason short men are insecure is because shaming men for being short is a popular meme.
>>
>>18521372

>rested my head on his (I was wearing heels) and he looked mortified.

Top Kek
>>
>>18521372
fucking kek
>>
>>18522384
How tall are you??
>>
>>18521372
Rest your tits on his head next time. That'll clear his mind. Being at cleavage level for every hug is... It's just wonderful.
>>
>>18522384
Fuck off. I have a tall girlfriend and I love it.
>>
>>18523323
Cuck
>>
>>18521079
Tell his cute like one of your stuffies. Then ask him out by saying. I want to take you out and buy you dinner. What time should I pick you up?
>>
>>18521079
Pick him up and start yelling "BEHOLD! IT BELONGS TO ME!"
>>
Manlets, when will they learn?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJjYNViAorE
>>
>>18523486
KEK poor guy would probably kill himself from embarrassment
>>
>>18523326
This word has truly lost all meaning.
>>
Never understood that. I love tall chicks. Just ask him out if you're into him.
>>
>>18523069
I wasn't even aware it was a thing beyond the usual teasing until I was 28 and I'm 5'5".
>>
Maybe he can't handle that much woman? Lol idk some guys just like being taller, if it isn't paramount that a girl is shorter I'd say go for it. Don't let height stop love.
>>
>>18521079
>some guy is maybe uncomfortable while OP is around, for whatever reason
>Why are short men so insecure?
Women are retarded.
>>
>>18523666
>One day we went out as a group and I hugged him from behind and rested my head on his (I was wearing heels) and he looked mortified
I think this might be the problem satan
>>
>>18521079

you should make a move
>>
>>18523674
Ok, I see it now, you're not retarded. He might have found it to be emasculating or was startled by the sudden realisation that you're into him. Best way to go is just to flirt normally and act like he's of average height, don't bring attention to the height difference.
>>
>>18523688
im not OP yo
>>
>>18521135
Lol
>>
Not speaking from experience (I'm 6'1), but short guys are the equivilant to fat girls; not all of them are insecure, but most likely they are. You can't really blame them though since being shorter than a girl is often a deal breaker when it comes to dating. I've known many girls and I'd say 10% were cool with dating a guy shorter than them.

When they see you standing at a beautiful 5'11 (good for you by the way), he probably feels intimidated and insecure as it there is no way she'll date me.

Also, I think some men feel the need to be superior to women, and being shorter than them makes feeling that way difficult.
>>
>>18521079
>5'11 girl
>crushing on a 5'8
fuck I wish more tall girls were like you. I love tall women.

Maybe he's not uncomfortable. Maybe he's shy because your height intimidates him. Ask him out
>>
>>18521079
Maybe if you didn't refer to short men by the third word you typed.

If you ask a woman to describe a new guy or even someone they just met the first thing out of their mouth will be he is short or he is so TALL.
>>
>>18521079
Maybe you just have an intimidating personality or he's just shy

What you can do is ask him on a date
>>
>>18523486
holy kek, I want someone to do this to me.
>>
>>18521372
>One day we went out as a group and I hugged him from behind and rested my head on his (I was wearing heels)
must be gay. I would have fallen in love right then and there
>>
It could be that you are just not very attractive, and he is not attracted to you. He knows you have a crush on him, but doesn't know how to let you down gently. So it's awkward for him whenever you get flirty with him.

Get it over with and ask him out. Get closure.
>>
File: 1500141242679.jpg (112KB, 605x577px) Image search: [Google]
1500141242679.jpg
112KB, 605x577px
>>18521079
I'm a Filipino dating a Canadian girl, and I have to say, there are honestly times when I feel embarrassed. But then I realize "holy shit, this incredibly sexy girl who is three inches taller than me enjoys our time together"
and bam
all of my second guesses disappear

but if my experience is relatable to your crush, then I'm going to be honest. He might have to be reassured that his height isn't an issue. Maybe it'll be cute at first, but if he keeps pushing that, drop him. He'll have to learn through pain that if he doesn't accept peace, no one will give him it.

TL;DR go on a date, tell him you don't care about height, if he still seems insecure, work it out with him or drop him, none of that in between "friend" bullshit
>>
>>18521854
"he is objectively a failure"

I've met short and happy guys with happy families. Grow the fuck up and get off 4chan. It's obviously not helping.

But objectively, being taller is better.
>>
>>18523490
HELLO-O-O
>>
>>18521372
I think that nigga's gay if he didn't try to make a move after that
>>
>>18524462
what, you actually expected (you)s for that shit
>>
>>18521372
That sounds amazing. I'd love to have a tall woman do that to me.
He's 111% a faggot.
>>
File: fasdf.png (40KB, 871x451px) Image search: [Google]
fasdf.png
40KB, 871x451px
>>18524447
>But objectively, being taller is better
Not really, they both have advantages and disadvantages. Being short has health benefits.
>>
>>18521372
I would love to be 5'4 and have sex with you,it must be exciting having a taller woman in front of you with everything bigger also KEKED
>>
>tfw 5'7 with amazon fetish
>mfw this thread
>>
>>18521079
Tell him to climb that mountain
>>
Most women look at short men with a mixture of contempt and pity. Not consciously, but it's like at their core they don't understand why a short man would even exist, much less actually try to hit on them.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.