[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facial tremor/twitching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1462252433595.png (574KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1462252433595.png
574KB, 706x706px
Do any of you have problems with involuntary twitching or muscle spasms in your face?
When I try to smile softly, or squint like when aiming gun, my face starts fucking twitching and trembling like CRAZY. I can't cough and smile at the same time now.
Like, I'm already ugly. But this LITERALLY forces me to have to make ugly, autistic, snarly angry expressions just to SPEAK COHERENTLY. I have to wince greatly, as if I'm making a pained teeth gritting expression just so my lips stay tight enough to speak properly.

Here's a video and some links showing it's not just me.
If you read through them you'll also notice posts from users saying they're living healthy lifestyles, taking magnesium and all of that but nothing seems to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciwRP2ToNrU
http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/face-twitching-when-smiling-face-clenching-up-in-social-sitauiations-111503/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440031
Yeah yeah,
>neogaf and socanxsupport
But read what they say. EVERYONE says it's ruined their social life or has made them become more introverted. My social life was ALREADY ruined, but now?
I can't even fucking laugh to myself, alone, without my face REFUSING to make the expression it should. I literally can't smile as wide as before or make some expressions.

I should mention, my diet has always sucked but a month ago I noticed some wrinkles had gotten a lot worse. Immediately following that was this face trembling issue.
I don't know if the two are inheritly related, but I'm not the only one suffering from this.

Literally, my facial range of motion is limited and it's concerning me seeing people have had this issue become permanent.
Does anyone have any advice? It's been about a month.
Magnesium and potassium get mentioned a lot but a user who eats all of that also mentioned their issue never went away even with face exercises (and I was considering those before this too)
>>
I can't even "soft smile" anymore, my face will spasm horribly. All expressions are either 0 or 100, any attempt to smile gently causes a full on violent twitch into a creepy "Here's Johnny!" esque grin. Can't squint to look through a scope... Can't even fucking smile while coughing. My mouth VIOLENTLY shakes and refuses to move in ways it always did. This happened a month ago basically over night. One day, things were fine, the next, I went to sleep, and over the next 2 weeks discovered all of this unpleasant shit.

Apologies for the massive post I guess?
But all I've been able to dig up are people describing the same problem I have, and getting told it's in their head or to go to a doctor.
When they go to a doctor the doctor always fucking says there's fine.
When they get blood tested, everything's fine.

No one has any fucking idea. But that can't be, right?
I'm not trying to sound like a bitch either. It seriously impacts life when people think you're angry at them because you have to contort your face in such a way to either speak, or not look like you're having a seizure.

I've found myself trying my hardest to have no expression at all just so my own attention isn't ruined from my face doing shit it SHOULDN'T.

I'm not alone either as people in those links have mentioned their social lives getting far worse because of how stoic they look. I'm not even a social person, but HOLY FUCK THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM TRYING TO LOOK THROUGH A SCOPE.

Any hunters with the same issue? Just an example so you guys can get how this can interfere with life beyond cosmetics.

I LITERALLY can't squint to get a good view through a scope because the violent spasming effecting my open eye. Too soft or too hard of a squint and I get the same issue.

It's... really fucking annoying.
The lack of anything I can find on it makes it really worrying too.
>>
Like. There are scopes you can't use with both eyes dude. A whole part of my life has essentially been locked off overnight due to a change with my body that, I can't figure out why happened, or how to fix, because there's no fucking information besides people like me complaining about it.

Now it's not like my face is permanently contorted into a 100 year old hag's scowl, but it's not in my head and it's really making some shit difficult.

Having to avoid the stuff that makes the issue pop up, also effects my life. And I can't just... ignore the issue and do those things because it directly fucks with it. The scope example is the most common and understandable thing I can think of that's real, but what forum posters in the OP link mention, about having to squint or avoid smiling in social situations so their mouth doesn't start violently shaking is very true.

I have to actively over-express, as in make exagerrated expressions just so my lips seal and form words properly lest they start fucking twitching.

Very long posts, sorry guys. But uhh please fucking help.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2BKOApkz-w
Related
>>
Bump? Googling gets lots of people saying how much it sucks to experience but absolutely nothing on making it stop :\
It just happened
>>
Is it a hemifacial spasm? I don't want a paralyzed face :(
>>
>>18520835
What medication are you taking? Certain anti-psychotics used for bipolar, psychosis, schizophrenia, or some mood disorders can cause this.
>>
>>18520835
i don't have this problem, but if i were you i would go to the doctor about it.

i wouldn't find you off putting to talk to because of this, but i could definitely see it impacting your self esteem.
>>
go to a doctor nigga

like what do you think we're going to tell you "oh it's definitely just x it goes away in two weeks in all cases"

could be anything. go to a doctor
>>
>>18521636
I'm not on any medication. It happened about a month ago, I noticed it with some other changes I thought were mostly cosmetic (a few new wrinkles), but then I noticed I couldn't do some expressions without a lot of resistance and the corners of my mouth aren't perky anymore.
>>18521666
I would if I had insurance :\ I'm not even sure how to inquire to a doctor about it and I feel like I'd just get told I'm fine and rushed off, I've had experience to incompetent doctors.

I've been coexisting with minor sensations all over my body my whole life I never thought anything of (poor) so I never thought much of occasional muscle spasms, I'd get them in other places too. My family has no history of neuorlogical diseases AFAIK either..

It's very distracting, physically. It breaks my focus on whatever I'm doing and makes me think I need to correct my expression or just feels weird and gets tired.
>>18521672
I would ugh but I'm a poorfag in the fucking south
I'm asking cus this is the best I can do for now. Maybe there's a doctor on adv or something lol

If it counts for anything I'm not permanently squinting on one side of my face but I do notice I tend to overexpress when I don't mean to.
A slow smooth transition from no expression to a smile doesn't exist for me anymore
>>
>>18521636
>some mood disorders
Can you elaborate more on anything you know?
All I really know I can go off is I've always had a bad diet but have been working to change it lately. I'm not obese or anorexic but I haven't been eating my greens lets say.
I feel like this weird twitching issue is related to the random apparently sudden age acceleration I experienced in the same month....
I know that sounds retarded but I noticed some wrinkles I had had worsened and entirely new ones surfaced, and I could feel the new ones when I smiled. The sam day I discovered this tremor issue.
I chalked the overnight thing up to aging from my shit diet. It's a bit off topic so I don't want to fill a post with it but I've googled enough shit and read enough ncbi papers to know that's a thing and aging faster can happen with shit nutrition so I correlated the two naturally. It's so sudden though.
I've read that things like potassium or magnesium can help but I feel like just taking some supplements won't work. I was crossing my fingers hoping just improving my diet would address it but apparently it doesn't affect the people who already changed their habits.
I don't think there's surgery or anything for it either..?

It's fucking frustrating and makes speaking very laborious.
>>
>>18521720
It is not having the conditions I mentioned that can cause it, it is a side effect from the pills to treat them. If you are not on an anti-psychotic my question is moot.
>>
>>18521732
That leaves me more puzzled as to what's causing it :\
It's not extreme but I fear it getting worse. I'm not imagining my inability to smile all the way either, or the horrible annoying twitching like in the video.
It's making me very self conscious, I'll often catch myself doing it in a social situation then try to change expression to make it stop, while the whole process just looks really strange and autistic/angry to someone else
>>
It's just fucking distracting and confidence draining. I liken it to the first 8 months of coping with tinnitus except this fucks with my speech and makes me uglier
>>
>>18520835
I did. Then I started taking fish oil pills, and it stopped.
>>
It's mental. Stress related in some way
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.