[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: o-MEDITATION-facebook.jpg (290KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-MEDITATION-facebook.jpg
290KB, 2000x1000px
Does daily meditation actually increase your concentration/confidence/self-esteem?

I've read many news articles and so far the conclusion is that it's at best marginally beneficial and worst is that it's just a placebo. There's seems to be no real scientific backing for it like there is for 7-9 hours of sleep.
>>
That's funny because the leading science right now is in bio-engineering and meditation is as close as you are going to get to your cells. Newtonian physics is a scam because it's profitable doctors will sell it.

Meditate, everyday mate. Also read Biology of Belief.
>>
File: 1499864928313.jpg (59KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499864928313.jpg
59KB, 800x800px
>>18520587
>Newtonian physics is a scam
ok
>>
>>18520577
Yes. Placebos that work are still beneficial, by the way. Just try it for a month, or at least two weeks, and decide for yourself. I started with "Mindfulness in Plain English" and after a while, "The Mind Illuminated". The latter has fewer "religious" aspects to it, but you can also skip over those in the first one if they trigger you.

Personally, I think secularizing it, trying for this new corporate stress-free mindfulness movement, will limit you and discourage you and would advise against it. Meditation is one part of a constant practice, if you don't apply it to the rest of your life you will miss out on many of its (in my opinion most powerful) benefits.
>>
there's plenty of science on it, but the best thing is to actually give it a shot. read this for starters: http://www.meditationexpert.com/ebok/howtomeditate.pdf
here's a whole bunch of audio guided meditations I put together from a few different sources, give them a shot and see which one 'clicks' after a few weeks I suppose: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avnnk9e5180bon/Meditation.zip
>>
>>18520587
>Newtonian physics is a scam because it's profitable doctors will sell it.

Then how do explain the vitality I feel when I'm on my Newtonian physics gummy supplements?
>>
>I've read many news articles and so far the conclusion is that it's at best marginally beneficial and worst is that it's just a placebo.
>news articles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.