[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lacking leadership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I am a part time firefighter in a small town and I want to move to a big city. My captain says I've got everything for the job, except leadership/initiative. I do what I am told to, without much thought and when something unexpected happens, I fail to react by my own (my "creative side is lacking).

I am the type of guy that "do a course/training in order to be better at it". I have done lots of EMS/first responder certifications, part of a volunteering team in a big city and everything that could help me become a better fireman but one of the requirements to be a full time firefighter is show great leadership/initiative and it seems I am lacking

What can I do? How do you train leadership? I thought of joining the reserve army, maybe I can learn something
>>
>>18520316
ever tried some couching maybe?
>>
Might sound stupid, and maybe it's not your thing, but if you like playing computer games, raid leading and such is helpful in developing such skills.
If you can, start out with just a bunch of friends or at least nothing too important, so that if things go wrong, no one will be mad at and discourage you
>>
>>18520790
You mean Coaching? How and where?
>>
In my experience, the idea of organizational "leadership" is an outright facade. It's a bullshit excuse people have for fucking over the person of merit in favor of nepotism and quotas.
>>
You have what it takes to do what ever you aspire towards, despite whatever those bums tell you is weighing you down.

(cont. because post cut off)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.