[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nerves before a wake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

My ex-gf's mom died of alcoholism this week. The wake is tonight. I've known my ex since we were in middle school, and she has a kid brother who I feel the most hurt for. (We're both 18) I've been to funerals before and it's always been unpleasant. I just want to show my ex that no matter what, I'm there for her. The trouble is that I can't stop thinking about it and I'm incredibly nervous/anxious about it. How do I chill out and not come off spergy? What do I say to her? To her family?
>>
>>18517832
Literally tell her that you are here for her, tell her you are sorry and that losing a parent is never easy. Tell her that you are available to her if she needs a shoulder to cry on or to talk, and that you're there for her brother too. Don't be nervous, OP. Death happens in all ways, always. Be supportive and compassionate.
>>
>>18517832
Why the fuck are you going to your ex's mom's funeral? She's your ex. Literally nothing will change. Save yourself the trouble and just don't go.
>>
>>18517832
Get up and give a speech about the mom.
>>
>>18517832
>I just want to show my ex that no matter what, I'm there for her.

Do you feel that way when she's getting plowed by some guy?

Just because she's your ex doesn't mean you have to hate but you shouldn't be hanging around in her life. Just end it already man
>>
I guarantee she won't be thinking straight and it will be a bit chaotic in the wake. A lot of family will be there and probably taking up her time. Just go up to her (maybe bring flowers or whatever for the funeral home) and say you're sorry and you're there if she needs you. Then go to her kid brother and maybe sit down and talk to him if he's free.
>>
>>18517832
Just don't go, unless other family members are.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.