[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being in the coast guard looked down upon by members of other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Is being in the coast guard looked down upon by members of other branches of the military?
>>
Yes, but all branches of military hate each other anyway so your good bud.
>>
There's always the chair force.
>>
Why does it matter.
All branches look down on other branches.
Just do what you want and how people perceive you should not worry you.
>>
>>18517540

You're asking the wrong board. >>>/k/34539568

But, they aren't "looked down on". But they do catch a lot of jokes. But it's just typical banter. In reality, the USCG actually does their job more than the rest of the military does. I may joke with someone about the coast guard, but I wouldn't seriously criticize someone for doing it. They have a lot of opprotunties.

This is coming from a prior Army infantry vet
>>
It will catch some jokes, and its not as prestigious as the marines, but ultimately you will be respected for being apart of the military
>>
>>18518433
>prestigious as the marines

Marines are a meme.
>>
As a former Navy sailor I wish I had gone cg instead. They're the only branch that genuinely defends America by fighting smugglers and human trafficking, and help american by rescuing Mariners in distress. They also have far more broad training than the Navy. I was a quartermaster which meant I was responsible for driving the ship and doing navigation work on the bridge. My coast guard counterpart would be a boatswain's mate who learned what I did and a whole lot more about deck operations.

Be aware though the cg is the smallest branch and because of that there's like a 2 year wait list to get in. I've also heard their basic training is as hard as the one for the Marines, so be sure to use those 2 years to hit the gym.
>>
>>18518433
>Muhrines
>Prestigious

Bants aside, every branch makes fun of the others. The majority of the population doesn't know the difference and probably thinks that you'll be rescuing swimmers in a storm or something for 4 years.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.