[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 318x159px
Beta male looking for dating advice for a first date.
>>
>>18517262

Lose the label. If you put yourself down all the time, you'll only be more nervous.

Did you already get a date or do you want how to get one?
>>
>>18517271
Date obtained, don't want to blow it
>>
>>18517278

Well, if she already said "yes", then they at least like the way you introduced yourself. They are already into you.

I can't give you more advice until I know what you are like. I mean, maybe you are too passive and would need to maybe try harder to make a move. Or maybe you are too eager and actually need to slow down.

Basically, hard to give advice in a vaccumm that would actually be useful for you.
>>
>>18517291
I think I am too passive, always to nervous to make a move.
>>
Ask her about her interests and hobbies. Any pay attention to the answers. People usually like talking about themselves on dates, and good date keeps that conversation going.
>>
>>18517301

How do you know that if you've never been on a date?
>>
>>18517262
As in what are good activities for a first date or how to conduct yourself on a date?
>>
Im thinking about sending her a package with a bunch of things that girls like (bath bombs, makeup, etc.) I will also throw in a sappy love letter. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>18517316
I know because I sit in my room hoping for her to make the first move because i feel awkward if i do
>>
>>18517319

Is this a joke? Never do this.
>>
>>18517319
No, I wouldn't do that.
Where are you two going on your date?
>>
>>18517324
why? Seems like a good idea to me
>>
>>18517330

Really? Have you ever learned anything about dating from any source besides movies?
>>
>>18517329
maybe mall, we already talked about it and we dont really want to go on a cliche dinner. so probably walk around the mall for awhile and maybe go on a drive.
>>
>>18517337
Don't watch movies and yes this is the first time i have ever asked for advice.
>>
>>18517330
are you a serial killer
>>
>>18517339
Sounds okay.
If you're really so hellbent on buying her stuff - I wouldn't do it so early on - you could go browse some stores together, see what she likes and then get it for her.
I mean you really rather want to do something "together", if you're just giving her shit it won't really connect you two.
>>
>>18517343

TV shows, whatever. Those big shows of affection on a first date are ultra dumb. You clearly need to reign yourself in a bit.

Also, trying to show affection indirectly through gifts is cowardly. Why don't you just talk to her, like a person, and see how compatible you are before you decide to throw money at her?
>>
>>18517344
i dont think
>>
>>18517323
Honestly, don't worry. She's probably nervous, too. Might even be having the exact same thought.

If you guys hit it off, it'll all come naturally. If you don't, it won't. Oh well. Not all first dates turn into relationships or sex.

Good luck. First dates are always kinda awkward.
>>
>>18517348
Good point, Thanks.
>>
>>18517339
Don't go out of your way to buy her stuff. I think it's okay to pay for her meal, but if she says she'll pay for her half *DO NOT* fight her on this. Makes you come off as insecure and wanting to be dominant.
>>
>>18517323

So you have already had a first date, then.
>>
>>18517357
I am insecure lmao
>>
>>18517363
No reason to make that obvious. I mean, she's going to pick it up a bit, but if she likes you it won't be too big of a deal unless you make it one.

Nobody's perfect. Some people expect perfection which is impossible. Some people are particularly put off by certain traits (like insecurity), which is fine. People are different.
>>
now what about kisses?
>>
>>18517319
No, those are full of chemicals and she might like to use natural products. And don't ever buy a girl makeup, wtf. You don't know what's garbage and what isn't.
>>
>>18517383

Does she want to be kissed?

Don't jump straight into a kiss. Flirt, break the contact barrier, and then you can start thinking about a kiss. If she seems comfortable.
>>
>>18517392
She once told me in a late night conversation that she would "totally kiss me"
>>
>>18517427

Text, phone or IRL conversation?
>>
>>18517437
text
>>
>>18517458

Then go to the date as if she had never said that. You have to work your way up to a kiss slowly to make sure everyone is on the same page.

After all, she seems like she'll be on board. Just don't assume she'll do it.
>>
Are you guys compatible?
>>
>>18517493
I think we are. We talk all the time and she lives a few miles away but this is the first time we are ever going to hangout. She enjoys memes too so I am really trying to make this work but women are hard.
>>
Thanks everyone for your help, I will still be monitoring this board in case i get any more advice. (more is appreciated)
>>
>>18517499
everyone enjoys memes man
Judging by your responses in this thread you seem kinda autistic, so god bless
>>
>>18517262
Arrive on time
Don't try stupid shit like bringing flowers or over the top greetings
Chat to her how you normally would, as you get more comfortable ask her about herself
Avoid topics like health, politics, religion, marriage, kids and money
Presume that you are paying for the date
Don't push for anything unless you're sure she is game
>>
>>18517262
Do not go to the movies. You will not find anything out about her. You will be silent the whole time and waste money.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.