[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have wisdom tooth extraction at 10am today and I'm supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: impacted-wisdom-teeth.jpg (24KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
impacted-wisdom-teeth.jpg
24KB, 500x312px
I have wisdom tooth extraction at 10am today and I'm supposed to go under general anesthesia. I'm not supposed to eat for at least 8 hours before the surgery so I ate around 10-11pm last night.

Now it's 8am and I'm starving. I have a tendency to feel lightheaded if I don't eat for a while. I'm scared it will cause problems while under the anesthesia.

What do I do?
>>
don't eat dummy

you know you can go for 30 days without eating right?
Well, you might die if you abstain that long, but still, did you know that fasting for some days is actually beneficial for you?
>>
The reason I'm mostly worried is because I'm scared of fainting or brain damage going under anesthesia.
>>
>>18516776
You seem like an idiot. But hey, it's your health and your life. Want to eat/drink so that you have material in your stomach before going under general anesthesia, then that's your decision to make. Don't forget to lie about it so that the anesthesiologist isn't liable for your death or oxygen deprivation related brain damage.
>>
You could just opt for local anesthetic, you know. I had four impacted wisdom teeth and asked for local (general anesthesia doesn't terrify me or anything, but I prefer not to go under if I can help it). It's not like it was a particularly pleasant experience but really, it was fine.

Failing that, just hold out and don't eat. It's just a couple of hours, dude.
>>
I've had my wisdom teeth pulled and it's extremely unpleasant.

The reason they don't want you to eat is because you're going to swallow a lot of blood while your mouth is healing, and it's better to gag than it is to blow chunks when you're trying to keep a mouth-wound clean. You can ask for lidocaine and laughing gas, but it's rather expensive.

I'm pretty sure I have the best dentist in the world because he has to break all 4 of my wisdom teeth to remove them, which is extremely painful, but I felt nothing. Do laughing gas, take some headphones and a chaperone, and jam to your favorite music while they yank your chompers.

Believe me, after you get done and are swallowing all of that blood, by accident mind you, there's only so much that cotton balls soaked with saliva can do for you, you'll be glad you didn't eat.
>>
>>18516725
Man it feels good to have great genetics and keep my teeth. My dentist kept telling me to get them removed when they weren't even impacting my teeth. May want to check if you ACTUALLY need them removed
>>
>>18516950
The reason they don't want you to eat is because general anesthetic relaxes the respiratory and digestive tracts and during surgery bile or food can get caught in your throat or lungs, which can give you pneumonia, or, in extreme cases, kill you.

>I'm pretty sure I have the best dentist in the world because he has to break all 4 of my wisdom teeth to remove them, which is extremely painful, but I felt nothing.
I'm sure your dentist is great, but you felt nothing because he completely numbed the area, dude. It's not because he has magic hands.

Normally I wouldn't bother correcting something like this but I just want to make this clear, if you're nervous about general anesthesia (which isn't without risk, although of course the risks are very low) you don't have to worry about the procedure being painful if you opt for local anesthetic - the procedure should NEVER be painful. Even if the teeth are impacted and they have to break them apart.
>>
>My wisdom teeth grew up perfectly straight
>"You don't need to do anything about these" says dentist

Jawlets btfo
>>
>>18516725
Humans can forgo without food for few days.

Just drink water as it will help move the leftover nutrients in your intestines.
>>
File: SpiralBlue.gif (28KB, 85x85px) Image search: [Google]
SpiralBlue.gif
28KB, 85x85px
>>18516725
>>I have a tendency to feel lightheaded if I don't eat for a while.

Heh, you will feel lightheaded and whoozy anyways. That anesthesia made me groggy for a week.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.