[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitten Help...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hey Guys, so I found a litter of baby kittens in my grandmas back yard when I was cleaning up. They were probably born 2-3 days ago, I saw the mom but she ran off. My grandma hates cats and if she could she'd set poison out for them. With no choice I took them and my friend offered to take care of them. She bought kitten formula, and now shes freaking out because some of them wont eat that much. Now I feel bad.... We could try to catch the mom, or risk taking them back and hopefully a raccoon doesn't eat them. I need help >_>.
>>
>>18515822
Keep the food down at all times. They will eat when they are hungry.
>>
>>18515822
Bring them to animal shelter, is your friend a vet? If not why the fuck did you give them to her so she could play feed the babies? Also if you just left them to begin with the mother would have probably come back. But you fucked that up by rubbing your scent on them. Bring them to a humane society please or they will probably die. You will have kitten blood on your hands if that happens.
>>
>>18515834
Wish I could have but we needed to move them so we can cut down the tree/branches that are breaking into their fence. :/
Not just that we just realized they have fleas. Maybe I think we'll get them Euthanized trmr
>>
>>18515830
Yeah we've been up for 4 hours dealing with this. Its already 1 am where we are :/
>>
To be honest, if you just shove the damn kittens in a box, the mama cat will eventually come around and take the kittens away herself to an area she deems more safe.

If you are sure mama won't come back for whatever reason, to begin with, kittens have to be fed with their stomachs on the ground, you can feed them like babies. Kittens also need to be stimulated into evacuating (a towel soaked in bath-hot water rubbed against their genital area). Expect about 1/2 the kittens to die.

As for the fleas, mix capstar tablets into their formula.
>>
>>18516309
I wish I could, I think my grandma would be pretty pissed if I brought them back over. She was going to take them to the shelter If I didn't. I was on my way until my friend told me to take them to her house. But she didnt realize they were only 2-3 days old.
How long until they die ? It would suck for them to die tonight at my friends house. Shes already getting emotional about it.
>>
>>18516295
You sound like you didn't think this through at all, you should have left the kittens nearby, they need their mothers milk
>>
>>18516330
You obviously didnt know the situation. I HAD to move the kittens off of the property. Especially away from under the brush they were sleeping under. As I had to cut it down. The branches are destroying the fence as is. She lives in a pretty quiet neighborhood, but its conservative enough to where I cant leave them out, and there are constant cars.Coming through from the main street in front of her house. It was GG for these kittens. Im just trying to think of a way to save them for at least a week, so they can walk around at least. Then the shelter would take them.
>>
>>18516330
The fence has fallen before and their neighbors huge aggressive dog would have came through and killed the kittens. As its gotten through before and we had to stay inside until they got it back.
>>
>>18516339
Why won't the shelter take them right now? They seriously need a mother cats milk. DON'T feed them cow milk, some cats are allergic.
>>
>>18516328
Well the alternative is to somehow catch or trap the mama, so... Newborn kittens are pretty labour intensive. We're talking feedings every 2-3 hrs, then rubbing their genitals with a hot towel some 30 min after that... You say it is 1am where you are right now, are you sure your grandmother is going to give a shit about a box of kittens being left while she's asleep? Just re-collect the box in the early morning.

Any kitten that has signs of "not making it" will probably die in a week or so.
>>
>>18516343
They said they are too young, they said the amount of work that it would take to make sure they stay alive wouldn't be worth it as kittens in liters die randomly all the time. If it was past the benchmark age then they would have.

No shit, lol we bought special expensive kitten formula for their age.

Even the rescue centers dont want to touch all 6 kittens.
>>
>>18516348
Might wanna try what >>18516347 is saying. As long as they last that week and get to the shelter they should be fine, everyone loves kittens
>>
>>18516347
Yeah we were looking at cat traps, I am already at my friends place with her as she cleans them and feeds them. She probably would, my aunt lives in the back as well so I'd have to wake them up with the sounds of 6 kittens outside of their house meowing for their mom to hopefully come back.
>>
>>18516354
Yeah we are just hoping they last a week
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.