[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one cope with loneliness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: wpid-Wallpaper-Hd-1080p-Space-5.jpg (708KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-Wallpaper-Hd-1080p-Space-5.jpg
708KB, 1920x1080px
I have a deep feeling of loneliness. I graduated High School this year, and am going onto college. Despite how my future is somewhat promising, I can't shake the feeling of being alone. All of my friends have someone special in their lives. My closest friend got in a relationship last year and he's barely even talked to me since. I'm slowly losing everyone I use to be friends with, and I have no one to fill that void.

I have a lot of love to give. My personal experiences have damaged my emotions to the point where I'm basically as emotional as a brick. I'm not happy, I'm not sad. I feel empty, like just a hollow shell of a person.

I had a girlfriend in Sophomore year, but that didn't last long (a whole 2 weeks, wow), since I found out she cheated on me with 3 different guys in the span of those 2 weeks. I didn't do anything wrong. I talked to her regularly, we spent time together, and enjoyed each other's company (or so I thought).

Fast forward into Junior Year and that's when things began to go downhill for me. There was some girl one of my friends tried to hook me up with, but all she did was fuck with my emotions. Eventually I shut everyone out for a while, and tried to reflect. I thought I was doing well through out the day, but when it came to night and I laid in my bed, I couldn't shake the overly critical voice in my head telling me I'll never be good enough.

Now senior year wasn't great for me in the slightest. I was fucking miserable and literally every girl thought I was a fucking creep because I asked 2 different girls out in the span of a month. Teenagers are fucking cruel to people that are vulnerable I've learned.

Now here we are. The voice is still in my head, telling me the same tune. I've learned to accept it, and know he's right.

My question is not how to feel worthy of being with people again, because I've accepted that, and that will never change, but rather how to deal with the soul crushing feeling of that loneliness and emptiness.
>>
>>18515746

The native Americans believed in spirit animals, these were kidn of 'guides' to give you insight to what your major issues in life would be.

Those born under the totem of the bobcat are taught how to be 'alone without being lonely'.
>>
>>18515750
I should look into that

(I have to use my phone because my PC is having a connection error for whatever reason)
>>
>>18515746
Gain some self knowledge and do some self development and reach out to your friends. Also try getting more emotional and identifying your emotions when you have them. But also when you alone try to make peace with it. Try to enjoy the alone time like me time.

Anon you need to know something that voice inside your head is the manifestation of you mother or father. It's a defense mechanism you pick up as a child to ensure your survival. I have it to and I decided to stop listening to it. All it wants to do is protect you from harm that doesn't actually effect you anymore, but it doesn't know that. For the love of god don't listen to it. It will stunt any opportunity you have grow as a person.
>>
>>18515746
Patience. That's life right there. You'll find someone soon, I promise. Just be aware of the people on your surroundings.
My best advice is to not lose focus on your carreer meanwhile.
>>
>>18515756
I've tried to reach out to my friends. They aren't fans of heart to heart talk, so I rely on this board for help. When I usually feel an emotion, it's usually anger, so at least it's something rather than nothing. I do feel sadness from time to time, but it's been a long time since I've had a true feeling of happiness.

My mother is very protective. She always wants to keep me away from harm. Being younger, this typically meant keeping me at home, away from the "danger" of others. I rarely got out outside of school, but not by choice. She always tells me how I don't need a relationship, so you could be right. I used to try to block the voice out, but it manifests and gets louder the more I try to ignore it, even to the point of getting toxic.
>>
>>18515761
It probably sounds stupid, but I have a strong interest in the political field.

Even though I'm emotionally dead for the most part, I still want to do the most to help my community/state, since I still have a deep compassion for people, no matter how much it gets nearly snuffed out.

People always tell me to be patient. I suppose they're right, but patience hasn't really been a thing of prosperity in my life.
>>
>>18515766
That is the first step to ignoreing the voice, it's not yours. Also use the anger anon. Use it as motivation. Fight the voice with your anger. Also the "voice in your head thing" is and actual documented thing everyone has it. Also your mom sounds fucked. That's horrible what she did to you.
>>
>>18515773
It's not stupid it's your purpose in life. It is your one ticket to a fulfilling life let it drive you to success.

I have an exercise for you. Every time you think bad thoughts or don't think your worth it, think about this. Drive these thoughts in your head.
>you want to give back to the people
>for your state
>want to get into politics
By doing a flip on your negative thoughts constantly and repetitively everyday it will create new thought patterns and alter the way you think and also the way you feel. Also there's two questions that you can help you push through those tough times. Ask you self, what is the outcome I want? and the second question, what is the purpose of that out come? Create positive meaning in what you do and achieve.
>>
>>18515790
I'll try that. Next time it does it I'll fight it.

My mom isn't a bad person. Her mom treated her poorly, so she tries to make up for it by caring about me, albeit too much. I can understand how she feels, because she's been through a lot of stuff in her life.

She's one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, she's just misguided in what she tries to do I suppose
>>
>>18515805
That's a great idea. Thank you.

Most people my age tend to want to do drastically different things, so you'd be surprised my the amount of mockery I've recieved from it just because I don't fit the norm
>>
>>18515817
The people that do great things in this world always go against the norm. It's very possible the people that mock you and try to bring you down are also listening to that voice in there head. It's also easer to tear people down then actually try to achieve what you want out of life. You can do this anon. I believe in you. Remember this, repetition is the mother of skill.
>>
>>18515864
Thank you. It feels great to have someone have faith in me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.