[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

deadbeats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

my friends are becoming deadbeats. we are all under 25, but all we do nowadays is smoke pot and drink beers in a garage. I still have goals and ambitions and currently am the only one still in college trying to move on, but they seem completely complacent where they're at. We've been friends since we were kids, and my career path was chosen based on them and us all moving up in the world together but I don't know what they're doing anymore. They've all been getting really weird, in a lot of ways and they don't want to have fun anymore. They were originally gonna move out of our hometown before me, but now it almost seems like i'll make it out before them. They have no interests beyond hanging out and playing the same video games and watching dumb movies or chatting shit, and i'm beyond sick of it. When we aren't high, our hangouts seem boring. what should i do /adv/?
>>
>>18515496
Cut them out bro. You usually become the people you associate yourself with. They will only bring you down. When people get like this they become poisonous. You can't change them. You will find new friends.
>>
>>18515505
they're the only friends i have.. i dont know how to make friends. i'm not really a normie, i dont get along with randos at bars and i have big ambitions, its weird to think of just uprooting myself and starting new like that.
>>
>>18515543
Well you can still be friends with them. Just make sure there bullshit doesn't rub off on you. Maybe bring up some better ways to have fun be more active in the group?
>>
>>18515550
i've tried a lot of times. one of the friends also tries, we've tried setting up hikes or going to the fair or any other fun things but they are just entirely not interested. the only recent breakthrough is a camping trip in a few months, but that's only for one of their birthdays. if we set it up just because, that idea would never have seen the light of day.
>>
>>18515558
You gotta keep pushing. Come from every angle. There's bound to be more crack in this. Maybe make them sound more enticing? Bribery?
>>
>>18515496
I'm kind of going though something similar OP, but I'm 30. I don't know what to say, different people have different priorities. These people may end up being your friends, but you will not stay close friends. Personally I know my friends are not bad people, and I don't think they are even unhappy the way they are. We are just growing apart. And this is natural and normal. A bigger problem might be trying to fit in with your friends so much that you loose sight of your own goals.At least that isn't happening.
>>
>>18515564
I think the problem is they're so enticed with this endless thought of moving that they refuse to get things done now. but it's been a year since their going away party and i don't know what else to do. definitely not bribing them, i already have done that by offering to drive everywhere at my expense. I do think there is a solution, but i don't know what it is.

>>18515658
are your best friends now the same when you were 20? and
> A bigger problem might be trying to fit in with your friends so much that you loose sight of your own goals.At least that isn't happening.

that's one of the biggest problems though. it is. I still have my goals, but with no friends who want to do anything i'm left with either doing my work, going to my job, and playing video games by myself if i'm not hanging out with them. I want to start going to a gym or going on solo hikes, but that just seems lonely and sad to me.
>>
>>18515496
I'm going through the same thing, luckily my close group is actually on the road to trying to move out, start their career, etc. Nowadays I only give so many chances before I drop you for being a sack dragger. One of my close friends I'm about to drop cause he's going on 25 with a dead end job, no car, and doing drugs and hanging out with his drug addicted 30 something gf all day. All he wants to do is live life leisurely and that's pathetic in my eyes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.