[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize for something I'm not sure I did?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1465502204719.png (34KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465502204719.png
34KB, 375x360px
So a friend of mine used to invite a group of friends to her beachside condo for 4th of July weekend every year. Last year, shit got out of hand, and she's been unemployed and in a bad spot, so the group of us didn't even bother asking if we were invited.

She told another of our friends that "we acted like dicks to her when we found out we couldn't go." None of us spoke to her that we can determine, but admittedly, I have been talking about how concerned I am about the path she's going down.

Our friend that she talked to insists that we need to apologize, but we can't determine when we would have been shitty to her, because she never keeps in touch and we all never hang out.

Should I try to reach out to her and see what happened, or what?
>>
>>18515110
never apologize to a woman for anything. you're welcome.
>>
>>18515110
but do reach out to her, by all means. do NOT apologize, but do ask her why she didn't want you there.
>>
>>18515110
My take on the situation is that it seems in her eyes that you stopped talking to her because she went into a bad spot and that you were "using" her to spend time on her house every 4th of july.
>>
>>18515118

It's not that she didn't want me there, she got turned down from her parents to use the condo. She wasn't even able to go.
>>
>>18515110
Ya reach out. She's going through a hard time and can use all the help she can get.
>>
>>18515121

She's been a friend of mine for 20+ years. She's been a friend of the group of friends for a minimum of over 10 years. Some of them have moved away, but I still tried to talk to her all the time. She continued to duck me to sit on a barstool and smoke cigarettes with much older people.

Any time I reach out to just be friends, she takes forever to answer or completely flakes out.
>>
>>18515135
If that's the case, at least you didn't do anything wrong. But as >>18515128 suggested, why don't you arrange to gather and talk?

If she still doesn't want to talk to you, I guess you just have to move on. Probably some day she will text you back, but this is something you shouldn't be thinking of if you decided to move on.
>>
File: 1389346881847.png (110KB, 453x567px) Image search: [Google]
1389346881847.png
110KB, 453x567px
>>18515110

>Should I try to reach out to her and see what happened, or what?

I don't know why apologizing has anything to do with it. Obviously she's going through some issues and feeling very scorned about something that may or may not have anything to do with you so I don't see how having an honest, adult conversation with her would hurt. Its not exactly uncommon for people to lash out during times of stress and depression.

If you truly care about her as a friend and her well being you owe it to her to reach out and try to resolve this. It doesn't have to be about who is right or wrong. It can just be a genuine conversation about how you're worried about her. Making an honest attempt to validate someone's feelings isn't equivalent to apologizing. You don't have to admit fault in order to admit that her feelings are hurt. A little validation can go a long way, anon.

If you don't really care about her as a friend or you're not that close then don't bother.

Also, for the record, its a bit of a shit move to communicate being "concerned" about the path someone is going down to a person's friends and family without actually saying that to the person you're allegedly concerned about. Talking about how bad someone's life is going behind their back isn't concern, its just shit talk.
>>
>>18515176
Well, she acts normal when I text her (last was for her birthday two weeks ago), but never texts on her own to hang out. We used to be inseparable.

>>18515178
She forces people out that don't accept her bad life choices. I've had her literally walk away from me mid-sentence and hide in the women's bathroom when trying to address it.

I guess I could try to reach out AGAIN, but she might be mad at someone else, not me.
>>
File: 1491718859150.jpg (2MB, 4072x2289px) Image search: [Google]
1491718859150.jpg
2MB, 4072x2289px
>>18515221
so she's extremely emotionally immature. why would you believe that approaching her with mature emotions will resonate with her? you might just want to drop her from your life at this point, unless you're just trying to hang on to that beach house situation.... if so, then brown-nose her all you want, my man.
>>
>>18515221
Well, people change anon, maybe she no longer feels the need to be with people constantly.
I bet that the stuff she is going through doesn't make her proud and doesn't want more people to feel bad for her.
She may also be acting immature and needs some time to start taking another approach on life.
>>
>>18515178
^This. Fuck, some really damn good advice for once.
>>
>>18515115
fpbp
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.