[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lied.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 105255-102940.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
105255-102940.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
Hey /adv/

I've been dating this girl for 6 months now. She thinks I make average money and don't really have any assets besides my car. In actuality... I make much more than I led her to believe and have stocks and real estate.

I lied to see if she liked me for me. Should I continue the lie or should I tell her now?
>>
>>18513967
Shes gonna hate you
>>
>>18513967

i dont think it needs to be a 'confession' unless by 'lead her to believe' you mean 'i blatantly lied'.

as a general rule i just downplay how much i make and then when i start to open up about my money i do so through action, not through words.
>>
Good move on you though OP, I'm poor as fuck but I would have done the same as you if I were wealthy

Some women are spoiled entitled whores who will seek you out for your money/status, BESIDES, your income is a private matter and shouldn't be the business of somebody who you have been dating for 6 months. It's not important unless you have shared finances
>>
>>18513979
I blatantly lied. I should have just downplayed it like you are saying.

A part of me realizes I lied about something serious but another part of me doesn't feel bad because i've met a lot of gold diggers.
>>
>>18513984
This was my exact feeling. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
>>
>>18513987

id keep up the charade until it becomes inconvenient and just be like 'oh i dont like people to know how much money i have until its necessary'. basically wait for her to call you out on it. she wont be mad, and if she is mad, well thats just the second half of the test imo
>>
>>18513967
well that makes you a paranoid liar
>>
i'd break up with someone like that

someone who can't be true to himself is a turnoff
>>
>>18514000
>>18514004

gold diggers.

also
>true to himself

how is he not being true to him self? hes just not being honest with you because he doesn't want someone dating him for his money.
>>
>>18514000

its not paranoia if someones actually out to get you. being a poor bitch who leeches off of other peoples money, i doubt you could understand, but there are plenty of girls who pretend to love you and take you for a ride just because you've got cash.
>>
>>18514014
living a life of deception ain't the move.

dumbass redditor detected lmao. plenty of girls and guys don't need to lie about themselves. if you want to avoid gold diggers, there are other ways.
>>
>>18514018

>living a life of deception

again what 'life' here? he didnt immediately tell her his exact financial situation. hes not living a life of deception.

only to a gold digger is being downplaying his income a 'life of deception'.

shows how much money really matters to you.
>>
File: o>o.jpg (23KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
o>o.jpg
23KB, 600x450px
>>18514000
Paranoid lier or a honest realist?
>>
>>18514029
lmao, you sound so bitter when you're poor as fuck. i have wealth and all of my surrounding family and friends do. hiding wealth from the government is different from hiding from your peers.

ofc, you're a beta bucking bitch with paranoia issues. i better not golf or take out my jaguar lest my friends think im rich!1 o noez

if you're the type to date a gold digger in the first place, you probably deserve getting fucked over.

fuck off to reddit, nerds
>>
>>18513967
just don't tell her, nobody cares. the fact that you think she cares is what's annoying.

either way, poor girl
>>
>>18514036

>I assume your poor because i want to

wow great argument.

>hiding welath from the government is different from hiding from your peers?

what the hell are you talking about? were only talking about not immediately telling a girl how much you make.

>friends think im rich!1 o noez

again, just bitches.

>YOU'RE FROM REDDIT BECAUSE I DONT LIKE YOU

again, great argument, just brilliant work here. no wonder you're so rich.
>>
>>18514048
>were only talking about not immediately telling a girl how much you make.
No, OP said he BLATANTLY LIED. He didn't just "not mention it until now" or whatever bullshit narrative you're trying to spin to make your point that has no basis in the reality of the situation.
>>
>>18514055

so? he made sure the girl wasn't a gold digger. im sure you prefer to just buy women, but OP doesn't. you're acting like he had some huge moral wrong for simply not tellign someone how much money he makes.
>>
>>18514055
OP here

I said I lied because I never really told her. More of lying by omission. Finances havent come up much but I know she suspects nothing. :/
>>
>>18513967
you can in which case I see no reason why she should be mad at you, heck I would probably be fucking stoked if my significant other just told me there loaded. Honestly that's when you see there true self, after they know about the money and shit
>>
>>18514061
If you have trust in her you should tell her and get it off your chest. I think just omitting something like that from someone you've only known a few months is fine. But you can't keep it a secret forever. Let her know, be apologetic for not mentioning it before now. Tell her you were hesitant because you've been burned by golddiggers before, etc. As long as you didn't do anything really grievous or insane to hide it all from her or lie to her she will probably take it just fine and it will build your relationship stronger since you confided something like this to her, yadda yadda
>>
File: YourFace.jpg (29KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
YourFace.jpg
29KB, 500x588px
>>18514060
>implying money is going to save that ugly face and personality

with or without, you is trash
>>
>>18513967
Don't outright tell her. Maybe show her some of your assets (bring her to your house or something) and she'll get the picture without a big deal being made.
This is of course assuming you haven't outright lied and just let her believe you had an average income.
>>
>>18514014
>>18514068
>>18514077

Thanks for the advice. I don't think she will be mad. I feel like now after 6 months I know her well and she's a really sweet girl with no real hang-ups. Ill think about bringing it up the next time something about money/work comes up.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.