[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend broke up for not been mature enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Last night my 8 months gf broke up with me, she was not mad, she just said that she didn't feel atraction thouwards me anymore, she still care about me, but she just couldn't take anymore how much of a kid I am. I'm 28 and I live with my parents, my mom washes up my clothes, clean my room, basicly what a mom does when you're 6 but I'm 28. I don't ask permisson to go out or shit like that, I just don't take care of home stuff. The deal breaker was last night when she came into my room and ound my underwaer all folded "Really? your mom does your laundry? she touches your underwear...? For months she was saying that my only option to grow up and see that the relationship with my mom is fucked up is to move out and live alone. Last night she broke up with me "I love you and I care for your, so I'm breaking up with you... to be with me, with any girl, first you need to solve your mom/family issues (I hate my dad too) then you can really be part of a relationship"

So, what do you think about it, Am I really fucked up? I pay bills on the house, I keep my job and I do it good, or is that not enough? Am I still a child? a 28 year old child?

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18513504
>I'm 28 and I live with my parents

Stopped reading there
>>
>>18513504
You do not sound all that childish to me, just based on what you've written, but that doesn't mean that everything is alright
People living with their parents beyond...let's say 25 (yeah, I pulled that number out of my ass, but this is a good border, I guess) is kind of weird and makes them/you seem like you can or do not want to live on their own.
It also makes it harder for you to eventually break bonds with them.
Like, it's not that you're supposed to never talk to them again, but if you ever want to have a working, serious relationship, you will have to put your partner before your parents, something that you often won't be able to do when you still live with them.
Maybe this all sounds like gibberish, so what I'm trying to say is: Bein dependant on you parents for too long is a turnoff for most girls and will, in thelong run, be bad for your relationship.
>>
>>18513527
OP here, is it really that big of a deal?
>>
Yeah, moving out is probably the best way to go. If she broke up with you for that reason, I have no doubts that any other girl would find living at home with your mom coddling you an attractive trait. That's really unfortunate to hear OP, but sometimes growing up is really the best answer. And I mean that in the most sincere way possible. If you pay bills and have a job, living on your own shouldn't be too much of a step up anyway.
>>
>>18513504
Living with your parents is not what makes you childish. The fact that your mom washes your clothes and cleans your room is a huge red flag and there's probably a lot more immaturity that you aren't presenting or maybe don't even know about. I do the absolute bare minimum and often have my woman run my errands/clean the apartment/etc. because I'm a lazy piece of shit, but I can still do my own laundry and dishes.
>>
>>18513529
Thank you for your answear, my now ex-gf lives by herself, wich makes it more dislikefull for here to deal with me living with my parents. I belive what you said is true.
>>
>>18513541
You're right, I could live with them but if I did my own lawndry, clean my room and cook for my own (I don't know how to cook) She wouldn't have minded that I live with my parents. It's because my mom is overprotective and since she does al these thing for me, she still sees me as her kid. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18513563
Work on growing simple things like that, and get out of the house more. I know how weird it can be to have a family dynamic like that, one of my best friends I've had since high school had parents who were so overbearing they held his bank accounts and gave him "allowance" on his own job money until he was 24, and he didn't see a problem with it because he legitimately just didn't know any better.

Get out more, spend less time at home and more time interacting with other people, you'll start to get a better perspective on where your maturity level can improve. That's not to say you can't still act childish or have fun, a lot of women enjoy a guy at our age who still acts like a kid sometimes. It's knowing where the cutoff is and other people recognizing that you know that.
>>
>>18513576
Thank you, I admit Im a very "stay home" person, I don't go out, well with my gf I did all the time (mom didn't like that of course) but before my gf I didnt go out during the week, only saturdays and allways to my best friends house, who is a worst case than me for he has never had a girlfriend and his mom also buys his clothes, so as you said about your friend, up until my gf I didn't know any better. Do you think getting out of the house is necesary?
>>
>>18513588
Yes. I think your gf was right in the idea of moving out, but maybe a little extreme depending on your current situation. What you need to be doing is putting yourself outside of your comfort zone and becoming acclimated with situations where your parent(s) aren't the ones making the calls, even if it's simple shit like where you and a buddy are going to get lunch or what movie to see. In your situation, I would honestly move out to help yourself grow eventually, but jumping the gun will leave you lost unless you have someone to help you make the adjustment.
>>
>>18513588
not the person you asked, but yes, it does sound that way
If you mum gets mad at you for going out with your girlfriend, it also sounds like you seriously need to move out, because that is not what a healthy relationship between mother and son should look like, unless your girlfriend is obviously a bad influence for you. (and no, growing close to here and getting some distance between your mother and you is not bad influence)
It does sound like your mother will be heartbroken when you move out, but she will have to get over it, that's just how it is and there is nothing wrong about it.
She grew too accustomed to having her little boy being around all the time
>>
>>18513599
I do pick my food choices when I get out o the house, and I love going to the movies, I used to do it alone, with a friend and for the last months with my gf. My biggest fear is what you said, moving out on my own and feeling lost, but thats just what my gf said I needed, to not know what to do and learn by myself, to wash my clothes with my own hands, to fucked them up for using the worm soap, starving because I didnt get any food, learning how to cook out of bare need and not "fun"
>>
>>18513608
no offense to you or your parents, but those all sound like things you were supposed to learn at home
My parents taught me those things when I lived with them so I didn'T get in trouble once I moved out.
Anyway, it's too late to talk about what sould have been.
Since you will not move out tomorrow either way, start doing these things now, it's okay to ask your mum to explain to you how you should go about things if you don't know how to do you laundry or whatever, but it is important, that you learn to do it on your own.
>>
my bf lived with his parents till the age of 22. which i think is still acceptable, but after that, he immediately moved in with me and it is annoying as fuck to try and have a household with someone who has never had to take care of one on their own. they are sinply blind and oblivious to all the chores that need to be done. my bf thought he was "helping his mom" with the household. which boiled down to him vacuuming his room (poorly, he just cleaned the easily accessible areas) and loading the dishwasher occasionally. when we moved in together, he thought that's all there is to do. it still is extremely annoying and i feel like i am always telling him what he needs to do. but he simply has no concept of how laundry works or how much effort it takes to always have a full fridge without rotting food and a clean toilet with enough toilet paper and so on.
that's a lot of effort and energy that i waste on teaching him the very basics. i guess you ex gf knew that and wasn't going to put up with it.
so yes, you need to move out and learn to be responsible and do adult stuff like knowing how to store food and maintain a dishwasher.
it's high time for you to stop being a man child.
>>
>>18513608
Without knowing what kind of person you are I can't say how much I agree with that. I'm a strong-headed person, and I had several large shocks like that when I was younger that helped me get my shit together and stop being a shithead who treated everyone like garbage. Honestly if you're not strong willed, I think that doing that at this point might just push you to want to go back and cement you into staying in your current position permanently.

For learning shit, >>18513623 is on the nose. If your mom will not teach you because she doesn't want you to be independent, then use the internet as a resource, none of those things are very hard. The other thing is that as much as >>18513633 is bitching, s/he was willing to work with her bf to help him out when he moved out, otherwise he'd have been in some shit.

It's harder at this age, but find some things to do where you can meet some new people. Gaining new experience and knowledge and having people you can talk with about shit to help you learn about real world things you need to know is key for someone in your situation, in my opinion.
>>
>>18513633
You're right, I have no idea how much effort is needed. I allways have a full fridge with food and drinkg, I allways found my clother clean and ready to use, my room is allways clean to, fuck I'm like your friend, all I do and sometimes only is taking out the trash or taking the dirty clothes to the washing machine....
>>
>>18513504
What the fuck is wrong with you OP. Instead of coming here to talk it out why aren't you out looking for an apartment? Seriously
>>
>>18513639
Thank you really, It's true that i will not mvoe out this month or maybe the next, but I can use this time lo lean stuff that will help me when I do.
>>
>>18513655
Go back to the threads where you can tell someone about how redpilled you are.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.