[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will i die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: marshall-cooper-small.png (214KB, 640x694px) Image search: [Google]
marshall-cooper-small.png
214KB, 640x694px
just accidentally ate 20 adult gummy vitamins
the recommended limit was 2
is this the end?
>>
>>18513285
No, you will not die of the vitamin binge. Yes, you will die some day.
>>
>>18513285
Aren't gummy vitamins for like... little kids? I assume you'll be okay. Is there even a limit to how many vitamins you can eat? I thought getting more just means they won't have any effect and they don't want you to waste them.
>>
most vitamins in excess of your body's requirements are pissed out they probably have a limit on how many you should eat because they're fucking expensive and not candy you turbo retard
>>
>>18513285
Yes. Your bones will become hyper-inflated because of the calcium, causing your skeleton to explode out of your body.
>>
>>18513285
>accidentally

How does one do this accidentally?
Expect blue or green urine...
>>
Nah, the worst that will happen is you may get the shits, but other than that you should be fine.
>>
Intoxication by vitamin ingest is not a thing. The only illness you can get vitamin related is hipovitaminosis of x vitamin, never by taking too much of it. They will be eliminated without much noise
>>
If they were Flintstones gummies you're FlintFucked bro
>>
>>18513285

You might have trouble sleeping from too much vitamin C. But all in all I think you'll be OK.
>>
>>18513285
They stopped putting iron in children's vitamins to avoid this sort of thing.
>>
>>18513285

Drink a lot of water. You'll be fine.
>>
I'm not usually this unpleasant, but: everybody who's posted in this thread so far is an absolute fucking moron. Eating too many gummy vitamins absolutely can hurt or kill you. Now, it's impossible to say how dangerous 20 will be without knowing a bunch of factors, what brand of vitamins, what % of your daily dose of each vitamin they have, your age and weight and medical conditions and so on, but it's certainly not going to be good for you.

>>18513291
>most vitamins in excess of your body's requirements are pissed out they probably have a limit on how many you should eat because they're fucking expensive and not candy you turbo retard
Water-soluble vitamins (B and C) cannot be overdosed on. Excess amounts are just excreted out in your urine. Excess amounts of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) are not "pissed out." They have a limit because taking too much can be dangerous.

>>18513573
>Intoxication by vitamin ingest is not a thing
Why the fuck would you post about something medical when you have no idea what you're talking about? Fat-soluble vitamins ABSOLUTELY can be toxic when taken in very large doses, and can potentially be fatal. It's one thing to give shitty advice about somebody's relationship or whatever, it's another thing to give actually dangerous advice.

As for you, OP, if you're still hanging around, go do what you should have done in the beginning (instead of getting on fucking 4chan): call Poison Control. That's what you should do if you ever ingest anything you think might be dangerous, not just obvious shit like your child drank bleach or whatever. If you're in the US, their phone # is (one) (eight hundred) 222 1222, call them.
>>
>>18514402
OP took 20 vitamins and had the wherewithal to post to 4chan versus vomiting or dying immediately of an allergic reaction

What you write is true, but you're the one that chose to unpleasant. Try some Sam-E supplements.
>>
>>18514755
The fact that somebody didn't collapse or go into convulsions or whathaveyou immediately doesn't mean that they're going to be okay. We're talking about toxic doses of vitamins here, not cyanide. And even in the medium-to-long term, the fact that somebody isn't showing visible symptoms doesn't necessarily mean they're "okay"; you can do irreparable damage to your heart, kidneys and other organs by taking toxic levels of substances like vitamins without ever vomiting or losing consciousness.

Generally speaking, believe it or not, I HATE the abrasive 4chan being-unpleasant-for-the-sake-of-being-unpleasant schtick. But when somebody gives medical advice, and they're plainly not a medical professional, and moreover they're uninformed about the topic even for a layman, moreover moreover they couldn't even be bothered to do a five-second Google search to verify that what they were saying was true, AND their advice ends up being dangerous misinformation that could literally get somebody killed, that person deserves whatever chewing out they get. The harsh tone I took was completely merited; anything less would have minimized the irresponsibility of the advice they gave.
>>
>>18514402
Yeah, right? I was kind of stunned.

I get sick anytime I take vitamins (just one) because you already overdosing yourself on certain minerals and I'm weak and can't handle it.
>>
And while we're correcting misconceptions, I guess I should also note that it's not technically true that you can't overdose on water-soluble vitamins - if you take a lot (and I mean a lot) of supplements in very short order you can overload your body with more than it can excrete in that span of time. But I've never heard of anybody suffering serious health problems from that, doesn't mean it can't happen, but I've sure never heard of it. Just vomiting and diarrhea and so on. Certainly it's much less dangerous than taking too many fat-soluble vitamins.
>>
>>18514920
You overreacted to the context that OP was asking, assuming OP is not going to be taking 10x the recommended dosage on a regular basis, but that this was an anomaly. Certain toxicity like what you're referring to takes a long time to cause permanent damage to internal organs.

I maintain you were taking your grumpy mood out by educating, in an unpleasant manner, a bunch of anons that don't care. I hope it makes you feel better, though.
>>
Gummy vitamins can contain Iron. Overdosing on Iron can kill you.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.