[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

coffee: is it good for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 89478[1].jpg (138KB, 593x593px)
89478[1].jpg
138KB, 593x593px
I don't drink coffee much. maybe once every 2-3 months I'll have a long black if I'm feeling indulgent

today I had a cup of coffee on a whim (from one of those shitty capsule machines, they're free at work). man I felt like I was fucking invincible for the rest of my shift and at the gym

my girlfriend drinks at least 2 cups a day and she swears by it. says she can't get anything done without it

now it's got me wondering... should I start drinking coffee?
>>
no it is not
its a drug and youll want higher doses for same effect

dont start
>>
>>18513213
Your gf is addicted. Coffee is no good. If it was good, don't you think they'd want pregnant women to drink it instead of the opposite? A good rule of thumb, if it is bad for baby it is bad for you. You wouldn't give a baby low dose speed, would you? Get your gf off the caffeinated Jew.
>>
>>18513224
hmm I think she's a goner, it's too deeply ingrained by now. before the coffee habit it was red bull or diet coke
>>
>>18513229
>energy drink

disgusting
>>
>>18513213

It has antioxidants, which is good for you.
It's not particularly bad for you either. But it is quite addictive.

I'd say that it's fine for you, but if you are against having an addiction to caffeine, don't drink it. Or atleast get decaf.
>>
>>18513217
>>18513224
Coffee gives you anti oxidants, euphoria, mental sharpness, ect... It's been well studied and actually has way more benefits than negatives.
Is caffeine addictive? Hell yeah it is. It works by attaching to your adenosine receptors, keeping the adenosine out which is where the wakefulness comes from. There's more to it but we'll just keep it at that. Your adenosine receptors reset really fast. Taking a one week break once a month is enough to never develope a huge tolerance. Drink coffee if you like it. There's nothing wrong with it.
>>
Spoke to a danish doctor on my vacation in Vietnam, told me a recent (reliable) study showed that 4 cups a day have a positive on your overall health. Dont have the source rn but I could look it up for you.
>>
Actual doctor here.

The truth is, you should be drinking more.

Coffee itself gives you antioxidants like hydrocinnamic acids and polyphenols. As a matter of fact, coffee is the largest source you can get these from.

Coffee has also been linked to lower risk of (Type 2) diabetes, but this could be coincidental due to the fact that people that drink coffee tend to be more active.

The big studies have been showing that coffee has preventative effects for things like liver disease and it has even been shown to lower the risk of a heart attack significantly.

The big kicker is that caffeine is one of the most addictive non-harmful drugs you can take. You can actually have serious caffeine withdrawals from drinking a cup a day for a full week and then just cutting it off completely for the next week. Luckily, this mostly just presents itself as mild headaches that go away the second you drink any real source of caffeine.

Coffee is fine. Drink all you want.
>>
>>18513929
I wanted to link this study but don't have high speed data right now. You're right though.
>>
>>18513213
Coffe is god tier stimulant if you drink it FROM TIME TO TIME.

Aka, for some reason you missed one sleep session entirely and now you need to perform at job. It will keep you awake and performing.

But most normies drink it DAILY. That way they develop both resistance and addiction to it. So without coffe they feel bad and with it "normal".

If you want to drink domething, try black tea with lemon. Also very cool and you simply dont get addicted to it.

>>18513936
T. Coffe addicted internet doctor.

Maybe try telling people to not eat sugar all day, do some endurance sport and not being fat to prevent diabeetus and hearth attacks.
>>
All the anons said, and (in my case at least) makes the hunger go away, what's my main reason to drink it.
>>
>>18513213
It's good for you, but it is highly addictive. Regular breaks from it keeps you from developing a strong resistance.

>>18513974
Pretty sure that anon wasn't trying to shill coffee as some end all health supplement that replaces healthy living you fucking mong
>>
>>18513213
the only component you should worry about is caffeine. it's a stimulant that might have a positive or negative effect on you. having adhd i have 3-5 cups a day and i find the effect really soothing.

if you're skeptical about it you could just try decaf.
>>
Personally I drink coffee about 2 cups a day most of the time I drink it around 5 p.m. cuz that's when I start falling asleep it just depends sometimes around 2 p.m. but yes I would suggest you start now when taking this because it is a drug you should make sure to drink coffee in moderation ASAP science has a good video on how coffee affects your brain there is this thing called and then sign that basically helps you fall asleep and throughout the day more collect on the audacity receptors in your brain giving you that 2 p.m. feeling or mind being 5 p.m. and so the caffeine stops it but your brain makes more receptors and this is why some people have to drink large coffees like with quadruple shots in it to get through the day I would suggest for you to start drinking coffee but once you have to increase your normal amount stop and allow yourself to go through the caffeine withdrawals to allow your brain to recharge and reset then you can go back to drinking one or two cups a day
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.